First Sonor, love it.

Fine, fine ok!
Asian Maple isn't that different, I get it.
I don't want to be starting any arguments, I apologize for everything I've said that may offend.

Asian maple is looser grained and cheaper than North American Rock maple. It scores lower than the 1480 on the janka scale, sometimes as low as 900.

If Asian maple=North American maple then Sonor would save money and use it in SQ2 and delite shells.

Physically, the Asian maple is an inferior grade, there is no argument there, it's fact, as stated on any reliable woodworking/lumber site.

Asian maple is looser grained and cheaper than North American Rock maple. It scores lower than the 1480 on the janka scale, sometimes as low as 900.

If Asian maple=North American maple then Sonor would save money and use it in SQ2 and delite shells.

Physically, the Asian maple is an inferior grade, there is no argument there, it's fact, as stated on any reliable woodworking/lumber site.

:D
Thanks man, I suck at supporting my views in arguments LOL!
See, that's what I'm talking about.

:D
Thanks man, I suck at supporting my views in arguments LOL!
See, that's what I'm talking about.

Well, I try to inject a degree of fact-based objectivity once in a while. There are certain things that can be physically confirmed, and wood quality is one of them.

Speaking of which, the force series are great for the money. They are firmly in the top tier of intermediate kits. But since I have been spending time reading www.sonormuseum.com I am dying to hear the new SQ2 heavy beech drums.

I mention that, because if you want to get people riled, go over there and suggest that force=delite or SQ2. Better yet...don't do it. Those guys know thier stuff and know where entry, midrange and high end Sonors start and stop.

Great setup man!
actually it's 3 plies of canadian, 3 plies of cheapo asian, then 3 more plies of canadian ;)

Beautiful drums man, I love my 3007's

Thanks for the info, i thought it had 3 plys of asian in there somewhere, but the guy selling it om sasid he checked on it and confirmed 9 of canadian, but seeing here, i'm def goin to go with the 9 plys of 3 different kinds of maple. haha much appreciated

From the Sonor Catalog
Sonor Force 3007 Shell Thicknesses
9 layers for bass drums = 7.2 mm
2.4 mm Canadian maple + 2.4 mm Chinese maple + 2.4 mm Canadian maple
9 layers for snare drums, tom toms and floor toms = 5.8 mm
1.7 mm Canadian maple + 2.4 mm Chinese maple + 1.7 mm Canadian maple

Just found this. Still great drums, great build, and great sound.

Back