First Sonor, love it.

Stuck.at.siX

Sonor Force 3007
cymbals left to right: 14" B8 hats, 16" AAX dark crash, 10" B8 splash, 16" AAX Raw bell crash, 14" AAX dark crash, 8" B8 splash, 18" APX crash, 20" B8 ride, 16" B8 China
though there are still some B8s they sound great and have'nt broken yet, the ride has a nice size bell, nothing to complain about the hats, the splashs are nice, and i think the china is going to go soon haha

Attachments

• DSC00599.JPG
    DSC00599.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,464
  • DSC00600.JPG
    DSC00600.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,440
  • DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,457
I also play a Sonor 3007 kit in a 6 piece configuration. I started playing in 1964 and have played just about every brand (owned several) and the 3007’s are as good as many sets selling for twice the price. In fact the DW kits I’ve played are no better, only more expensive. Those looking for a high end mid level kit need look no further than the 3007’s from Sonor. I hope you love yours as much as I do my kit. Oh Yea, my kit is finished in Natural Maple as yours. A picture doesn’t do it justice, beautiful kit.

My 3007's

IMGP4992Change.JPG

also play a Sonor 3007 kit in a 6 piece configuration. I started playing in 1964 and have played just about every brand (owned several) and the 3007’s are as good as many sets selling for twice the price. In fact the DW kits I’ve played are no better, only more expensive. Those looking for a high end mid level kit need look no further than the 3007’s from Sonor. I hope you love yours as much as I do my kit. Oh Yea, my kit is finished in Natural Maple as yours. A picture doesn’t do it justice, beautiful kit.

Indeed my own initial Sonor kit was bought because I was in Ottawa to get my Neil Peart R30 snare and decided to try some side by side comparions of all the drums in the store at Long and McQuade in Ottawa, one shell sounded the best....and it was a lowly Sonor 3003!
DW, Ayotte, Pork Pie, Ludwig, Yamaha, none of them sounded as nice.....
Well my mom and pop local store got in a Special Edition kit, which I nabbed in a heartbeat.
Which I made into a Neil Peart Kit and gave to my son last year.

I also play a Sonor 3007 kit in a 6 piece configuration. I started playing in 1964 and have played just about every brand (owned several) and the 3007’s are as good as many sets selling for twice the price. In fact the DW kits I’ve played are no better, only more expensive. Those looking for a high end mid level kit need look no further than the 3007’s from Sonor. I hope you love yours as much as I do my kit. Oh Yea, my kit is finished in Natural Maple as yours. A picture doesn’t do it justice, beautiful kit.

I love your set up, next thing i want next is definitly more toms, and i agree the 3007's are as good as more expensive kits especially with the 9 ply of canadian maple, its a beautiful warming sound. and yes, pictures do not do justice especially in dynamic lighting.

Thats the beauty of the Sonor 3007, additional toms are not expensive.
Get them now and you will never regret it. How many you getting?
What size of kit would you like?
I had some S Class Maple in Natural, really sweet and never justice in pics.
Cheers.,

nice how do you like that 16 inch aax dark crash?

Thats the beauty of the Sonor 3007, additional toms are not expensive.
Get them now and you will never regret it. How many you getting?
What size of kit would you like?
I had some S Class Maple in Natural, really sweet and never justice in pics.
Cheers.,

well i think i'd like to get two 16" floor toms, for either side, actually ironically neil peart was the inspiration for this, i played two songs from rush as school final tests in highschool, i played "virtuality" and "driven". I'd love to have a 7 piece kit!

and i realy like the 16" dark crash, it has quite the unique sound and is incredibly dark haha

That's a solid kit. Very nice choice.

especially with the 9 ply of canadian maple, its a beautiful warming sound.

Great setup man!
actually it's 3 plies of canadian, 3 plies of cheapo asian, then 3 more plies of canadian ;)

Beautiful drums man, I love my 3007's

Great setup man!
actually it's 3 plies of canadian, 3 plies of cheapo asian, then 3 more plies of canadian ;)

I'm curious on what you're saying , Is it true that they are consist of 3 plies of Canadian Maple ?. Also I found somewhere that Force series is made at MAPEX Production Facility in Tianjin China. They have a company named JMT, a join company with MAPEX

I think this force series is having same material with the old MAPEX Pro-M which is Asian Maple. MAPEX in 2006 Catalog says that Pro-M Series is made of Thin North American Maple but that info is no longer mentioned on their 2007 Catalog.

On top of this, I disagree that Asian Maple is a cheapo. nothing wrong with asian maple, if we are talking about wood only.

I'm curious on what you're saying , Is it true that they are consist of 3 plies of Canadian Maple ?. Also I found somewhere that Force series is made at MAPEX Production Facility in Tianjin China. They have a company named JMT, a join company with MAPEX

I think this force series is having same material with the old MAPEX Pro-M which is Asian Maple. MAPEX in 2006 Catalog says that Pro-M Series is made of Thin North American Maple but that info is no longer mentioned on their 2007 Catalog.

On top of this, I disagree that Asian Maple is a cheapo. nothing wrong with asian maple, if we are talking about wood only.

Hey man,

obviously there is nothing WRONG with asian maple, it's just that canadian maple is more favorable when making musical instruments, it has better sonic qualities.
Heck, I'd take asian maple over basswood any day!

I believe sonor's parent company owns mapex, but they are not made on the same production lines.

Yes, 3007s are made of nine plies of maple.
3 plies canadian inside, 3 plies canadian outside, with 3 plies of asian maple in the middle.

Hi all !
Kind of new posting here, but always been reading the forum and all...

Last month I bought a Sonor Force 2007 (Birch) kit, and I can say I'm happy
with it.

Have any of you guys played/owned a Force 2007 kit.

Cheers !
LG

Great setup man!

And how do you know this? The Sonor site doesn’t give a description other than they are 9 ply maple. Your information source is?

I read it on the forum somewhere, and later had it confirmed by my local dealer.
I withdraw my "Cheapo" comment, and will replace it with "Less sonically desirable".

Actually I think I am wrong about the ordering of the plies, I've just taken a look at my shell, and whilst there is clearly more than wood used, it seems to be slightly more random than that.

I read it on the forum somewhere, and later had it confirmed by my local dealer.
I withdraw my "Cheapo" comment, and will replace it with "Less sonically desirable".

Actually I think I am wrong about the ordering of the plies, I've just taken a look at my shell, and whilst there is clearly more than wood used, it seems to be slightly more random than that.

I got it and that JMT is a join company, (you can find it in www.sonormuseum.com). KHS is MAPEX's parent company. so many debates on many forum comparing North American Maple vs Asian Maple but I still think that we cannot justify with simply saying that NA Maple is more superior than Asian Maple. If one company build 2 drum kit with NA Maple and Asian Maple, same head, same lug, same design (ply,thickness etc), same tuning. sound-wise, I think it;s very very hard to identify which one is made of NA Maple unless you have a well-trained ear

taken from www.sonormuseum.com

"....In the late 1990's Sonor with KHS in China and opened a new facitlity to make the Force series drums. Completely new designs followed. Production started with Force 2001 and 3001. In 2003, the lines were updated with TAR mounts and the 1003 and 503 models were added.
In 2005 the lines were further differentiated with 3005 going all maple, 2005 going all birch and 1005 getting new wood finishes and the upper line lugs.."

Fine, fine ok!
Asian Maple isn't that different, I get it.
I don't want to be starting any arguments, I apologize for everything I've said that may offend.

Back