buying first electronic drum set

jamiller077

I have an acoustic set which I definitely prefer to electronic sets but I'm going to need an electronic set if I want to keep playing for the next few years. I literally CAN'T spend more than $600, so I can't afford a Roland set. But what do you think is the best quality set that I can get for under 600?

I would really prefer something durable with some nice sounds, but I don't really care how "realistic" it feels. I would also love the feature to record directly to my computer. I've thought a lot about the Alesis Dm6 but I've heard some negative feedback.

Alesis isn't what it used to be, lets put it that way...
I have an old D4 mod that I love, and I know the DM5 Pro has some nice features and is used by touring pros all over, but I wouldn't own anything else made by them.

If you have $600 bones then buy a Yamaha DTXplorer, they go for around the price you are looking for and are made much better. Nice solid pads, decent sounds and hardware.

The Roland TD-4's have a $200 rebate until the end of the month which puts them at $700 if you can wait a month for the refund...I got mine recently due to a apartment move being in my future and though I was never a fan of E-drums I am now...I play these things for hours with headphones on.. have heard good things about the Yamaha's though so its a good option..I had a cheap set of E-drums years ago and played them for an hour or so and sold them..make sure your happy with the kit..a high quality set is the only way to go

Back