Gone skiing!

drummer girl09

So I am on a ski trip with some of my family for a week. That means that I will be away from my awesome drums for a week. I hate it, even though I brought my practice pad to hit at least something over the week.

Anyway, I was just wondering, how long have you been away from your drums? Before you started playing of course, and how do you cope with it? It's a question of curiosity, and a question of it might helping me when I do go away from my drums for a good while.

It's kinda a slightly dumb post, but still I've been thinking about it lately.

When we moved, I was away from them for 2 months. I just played on my practice pad and tried to think about other things

Well I went in to the Army, went to college, got married, had a son, son grew up, got divorced, moved to Florida, got my own place, so it was 32 years. So a week or so skiing won't be so bad.

I tend to take half a year off from my drums every year however I do play in my church's band so I always at least maintain my skills.

I don't think taking a week off is a bad thing. Take along a CD/Ipod/Mp3 player and a practice pad and you'll be fine. I actually encourage younger drummers to take a week off at least once a year.

Jeez whenever im away which is also right now (im in GA seeing my cousin), all i can think about is playing drums/music. I always bring a pad at least, else ill probably go crazy over drum withdrawal. Wild.

Gruntersdad those 32 years must've been hell...

5 months because of college. I just suffered my first relapse though. My drums were the only reason I came home (family, friends, ha! its all about the drums!)

Lol, this is one of the moments where I guess I seem to take it for granted. Like a moment where you complain that you don't like your food, and your mother says that people in Africa are starving. 20-30 years of being away! I could barely go maybe two week with out it! But I do agree with Drumsword. It does tend to give you new ideas when you get back on the kit. I'm slow to responding because we have to go to a coffee shop to get internet. Thanks for the responses though!

Around?

It's much more fun to go straight through. Or over... Yeah. Go over.

Lol that title is actually kinda wrong...I'm snowboarding. But "gone skiing" sounded better and shorter then "gone snowboarding". But thanks, I will have fun. =]

Back