drummerworld app

leoyucht

Hi everyone

I was just curious if anyone else had wanted drummerworld to make an app for smartphones. I'd love it if they did. Does anyone know if this could happen because I'd be happy to purchase it too.

LY

Open Drummerworld on your smart phone and drag the i'con to your home page or screen. That's what I did so that now when I want to go to DW on my phone I just open the page.
Second row down, third from the left

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    314.6 KB · Views: 589
I was just going to start a thread about this. :eek:
Anyway, I would LOVE a Drummerworld app. Seriously, I would buy for a million bucks (well...). It would be so cool to have the informational section with the solos and clinic and then have this awesome forum in a smart-phone layout! What could be better!?

And if you do what I described above you can do all of that

I understand what they want but I have no problem getting to the drummers, videos etc. at the bottom of the web page, is a link for the entire site. And it's free.
Unless I'm missing something this is what I have.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    141.8 KB · Views: 577
  • save.png
    save.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 555
Open Drummerworld on your smart phone and drag the i'con to your home page or screen. That's what I did so that now when I want to go to DW on my phone I just open the page.

Great idea to do it this way.

I had mentioned this the other day actually, wishing they'd had an app.

I understand that it is easy to use the web browser on apple devices and the display is still very easy to use. However if they had an app design specifically for the smart phones, it would be neat.. Plus they could earn a little money off of us ;)

and they can earn a few extra dollars that way, i think.

Even just making the Web site responsive would be a big plus. At a certain point, an app and a fully responsive Web site are pretty much the same thing.

Exactly. For example, The Verge and Polygon both have great examples of mobile-optimized interfaces (try resizing your window of Polygon into a phone-sized screen and see what I mean), but of course, neither of them have vBulletin forums.

Exactly. For example, The Verge and Polygon both have great examples of mobile-optimized interfaces (try resizing your window of Polygon into a phone-sized screen and see what I mean), but of course, neither of them have vBulletin forums.

Neither of those sites was at all responsive in my Firefox laptop browser. Maybe I should try it on my Android. Check out http://gcbaz.com/ on a desktop or laptop browser and resize the window. Totally responsive.

Neither of those sites was at all responsive in my Firefox laptop browser. Maybe I should try it on my Android. Check out http://gcbaz.com/ on a desktop or laptop browser and resize the window. Totally responsive.

Verge doesn't resize actively, but Polygon does subtly (notice the hero story section turns to a scrolling element and the menu bar loses elements as the window becomes smaller).

Verge doesn't resize actively, but Polygon does subtly (notice the hero story section turns to a scrolling element and the menu bar loses elements as the window becomes smaller).

Yeah, I did notice the scrolling element, but on a smartphone, you could just swipe to peek at a bit more of the Web site. Responsiveness is very hot right now and for good reason - people are rolling out all types of freaky screen sizes and sites need to be able to resize their sites instantly. When I create in Wordpress, I can install a responsive plugin but they're not quite perfected. To really do it right, you have to do some serious CSS voodoo.

By the way, Verge has great content, like Mashable but looking below the surface more. Thanks for turning me on to that.

Drummerworld app for iPhones/Androids?

Not sure if this has been brought up...

Why isn't there a drummerworld (site, forum, both) app available for download for iPhones? Like how there are Facebook and YouTube apps that act as mobile versions of the original websites... How come we don't have a similar drummerworld app?

I'm positive there is an excellent reason why there isn't haha but I was thinking the other day how much easier it would be for me to access the forum on an app and now I'm curious aha..

Why isn't there an app available and (I know this is a long shot) what's the possibility of launching one?

- Jake

Mine works.....................

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    314.6 KB · Views: 230
I'd just render the site into a CMS such as Joomla on a responsive template, bridge in the vbulletin code (there's probably a connector) and set some sort of plugin that would store data on the browser and whenever possible, download new posts and store them for reading when offline, capture replies from the user and push them to DW when a connection is found.

Not an app, just a little bit more sophistication in the actual website.

I have this exact same app/icon on my home page.

Back