The Flexi-Flyer advantage

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Just wanted to post a couple of photos of how I de-modified my Tama Iron Cobra Jr. pedal. I prefer the feel of the cam and strap so much, I simply found a vintage Tama flexi-flyer on ebay the seller was selling for parts, and just took them apart and replaced pieces. Fortunately, Tama keeps the same axle size so it was just a remove and replace project. The strap is a new Gibraltar strap that they make for their old skool cam and strap pedal and it fits perfectly. Bought a few extra in case I need them. But here it is - the pedal feels much better under my foot now and really flies (hence the name ;)

Hmm. I went through the whole thing where I uploaded them. I'll have to check on that later tonight when I get home. Sorry for the inconvenience. For now, just imagine that it is so fast that you can't see it ;)

OK here's some pictures.... let me know if you can see them....

I'm almost tempted to get a newer Tama Camco pedal, put this cam and strap on it and have a newer original Camco pedal from the 60s ;)

Attachments

• pedal.jpg
    pedal.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 523
  • cam-strap.jpg
    cam-strap.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 486
That looks like the Cam DW uses for their strap pedal...hmmmmm....
I have some Camco pedals, and a new one (still in re-issue box/case!).....
hmmmmmm.....

The Jr. is kinda cool with the base plate though.

That looks like the Cam DW uses for their strap pedal...hmmmmm....
I have some Camco pedals, and a new one (still in re-issue box/case!).....
hmmmmmm.....

The Jr. is kinda cool with the base plate though.

I think those hex axles are the size everybody uses - maybe you can swap parts. I do like the pedal plate, but I miss those days when I could just pick up the bass drum and not worry about the pedal cracking the bass drum hoop ;)

I think those hex axles are the size everybody uses - maybe you can swap parts. I do like the pedal plate, but I miss those days when I could just pick up the bass drum and not worry about the pedal cracking the bass drum hoop ;)

That's true, and I did kinda like the way the pedal moved with your foot. That never bothered me, but you know "progress" and all that..... :)

I imagine with the strap, the foot board has less sway to it.
Maybe I'll try one of the Camco's out with a strap Cam I have.

Back