Need help with DW 7000

PeniScott

Silver Member
I got the pedal for christmas and i love it, it's smooth and works well. I want to mess around with the default settings to see if i can make it easier to use.

Now, it may seem like a stupid question, but i can't figure out how to adjust the cam, i can plainly see the + and - marks but a tuning key doesn't seem to fit and the only other adjustment i can think of is the spring tension.

ALSO, on the new DW website, the 7000 series (as well as 4000 series) hardware and pedals aren't anywhere on the website so i can't find out via that.

please help me!
xoxo

Hey Scott,
I played DW 7000's for about 3 years and as far as I know there is only 1 way to adjust the cam which is by removing the chain and setting it higher or lower on the cam. You'll notice the little holes where you can do so.
There is a little pivot point connect to the spring that is adjustable. It mainly just moves the beater closer of farther away from the bass drum head.

Out of my experience these were not my favorite pedals.

Loosening the key rod (where the + & - are) is how the cam and footboard is adjusted on that pedal--it's all in one.

If you want the footboard at a higher angle than where you prefer the cam, you can take out the little nuts on the screws that hold the chain on, and move the link up one spot, replace the screws and nuts and you're set.
I did this on my Pearl pedals, and it works great (the DW I have is a strap).
There's no extra strain on the chain or the screws.

Back