Mapex Falcon problem

Haha! Yeah yeah... It's an iPhone 4 and I had to zoom right in and cut that segment out so it wasn't massive, and! I had my fisheye lens on aswell! :p

No the top of the bolt is half the length, it's not recessed, but you know how on your pedals the top bolt isn't square to the lip? Instead of being an L shape its rounded? The smaller one is the same so you can't push the key all the way down to the base it gets stuck on the rounded part

TM
Just bugging you. In this day and age, everyone should be able to have a clear pic! :)
I have an iPhone 4s, and it takes a pretty good picture and hi-def video. I also just recently bought the 3 pac lens for it. Now I want a small tripod and bass for my phone to mate the two. I am just dying to put up some more of my playing so people can tear it apart again! :)

It sounds like you are saying that the bolt is a bit of a problem. Is it a design issue, or a user issue? I should bring it up to someone, if it is a design issue. This is the first time I have heard of anyone having problems with it though.

I've just had a look on my pedal, bolt 2 is nearly half the size of bolt 1 on my pedal, however, I have no problem to tighten or untighten it, using the Mapex key or a Tama key.

BTW, to adjust the footboard, you only need to undo bolt 2 to rotate the whole assembly to raise or lower the footboard. :)

Just bugging you. In this day and age, everyone should be able to have a clear pic! :)
I have an iPhone 4s, and it takes a pretty good picture and hi-def video. I also just recently bought the 3 pac lens for it. Now I want a small tripod and bass for my phone to mate the two. I am just dying to put up some more of my playing so people can tear it apart again! :)

It sounds like you are saying that the bolt is a bit of a problem. Is it a design issue, or a user issue? I should bring it up to someone, if it is a design issue. This is the first time I have heard of anyone having problems with it though.

Haha the origional picture is very clear! thats zoomed right in! :p

I wouldn't say its a problem at all, but it'd be nice to know why it is half the size.

TM

Ok fellas you have the right to point and laugh at me.

Tried it with my Tama Hammer and a really cheap £1 drum key and now it has tightened really well and I can slam on it as much as I want.

It was the Mapex drum key that gripped every other bolt apart from the smaller ones! All this hassle caused by a duff Mapex drum key hahaha. I might email them and kick off like because it has pissed me right off and also caused a dent in my pedal :(

MAJOR DRUM FAIL!

I am laughing at myself right now though haha, thanks for all your help and advice.

Good to hear, now enjoy your pedals, the Falcon is a super pedal of the highest quality, the best 200 euros I spend on hardware the last 20 years :))

I can't wait to actually play it without worrying that it's going to fall apart! I'm using the rolling cam with 20g weights in each beater with plastic coating. Tried the pursuit cam but they're really difficult to play with!

IMG_2534.jpg

The 'stubby' nut!

TM

I would replace or switch the stubby nut with the one to the far left where you can get to it.

I am surprised they went with a stubby head when my singles have the regular heads. I like Grunts idea, as long as it is the same size thread. You could also use the bolt from the memory lock on the beater. It doesn't have any stress on it.

Was reading through this. I had a similar problem with my single pedal. I have a Mapex kit so I was using the key that came with the kit which always slipped off. I used the key supplied with pedal and no problem. I'm an electrician by trade and I use screwdrivers and wrenches all day and using the drumset key was like poking myself in the eye. The screw head is kind of kind at the bottom and the drum key supplied takes this little roundness in. Just seems kind of funny. Not as funny as those cheap pedals that use Phillips screws and such. Or what about our friends from Germany still offering slot screw tension rods.

Im thinking of buying these pedals. Are they as good as they seem? Does anyone know the price of the dd upgrade for them. Im in canada by the way.

Its a nice pedal. Well built, smooth, adjustable. Its as good as anything from Tama or DW. The way it feels reminds me of an Iron Cobra actually. Whether you like it or not, who knows. I've tried to replace my old Flying Dragons with a 9000, IC, Speed Cobra, and Falcon, but I'm so used to the Yamahas, everything else just feels weird.

Im thinking of buying these pedals. Are they as good as they seem? Does anyone know the price of the dd upgrade for them. Im in canada by the way.

They are very good pedals, I literally received the Direct Drive kit for mine today, and they are smooth, fast but heavier than the straps, but pack a lot of power :)

TM

Hi, a few months ago i got the mapex falcon single pedal (have direct drive and chain)
and i'm allreddy at my third beater, keep bending the beater stick, my old pedal (cheap ass mapex) did not do that :/ please help and advice

thx

ps: sorry if i made a mistake in englich.

Back