What to do with 6 LED lights and half an hour of spare time...

Solaris

Silver Member
I KNOW!

Sorry for the crappy camera phone shot, took it right before I went to practice.

The wires inside are a lot more tidy then that too.

Attachments

• 12032009128.jpg
    12032009128.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 742
It's Disco Fever relived. Boogie Nights, John Travolta is looming somewhere.

That looks awesome. Looks better than those acrylic shell kits with lights inside of them, ocdp I think. Great stuff, don't be surprised if DW pinches your idea rofl.

Do they make for a brighter sound?

I know, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help my self.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing....LONG LIVE DISCO!!!! ROFL

Looks good and answers your own question

Disco would be getting a small disco ball and hanging it from something. Those LED's are pretty gangster.

iv always wanted to get an acrylic kit and rig it with lights on triggers, so when i hit the drum, it lights up

Thanks for the positive words, cheesy jokes and disco references! I'm currently looking for a smoke machine small enough to fit in there and some small disco balls to hang from my cymbals stands, let me know if you've seen any going cheap!

But seriously, a friend came to band practice yesterday and took some pictures with his SLR camera, as soon as I get them off him I'll post them.

PS - There's no difference in sound that I can tell. With 2 4" port holes this kick isn't going to lose any punch, at least not easily.

iv always wanted to get an acrylic kit and rig it with lights on triggers, so when i hit the drum, it lights up

brilliant idea!
or even better somehow when your doing gigs (do you?) if they have stage lights link em up to them!!!! don't go to fast on the double bass!
play of the gig:

"why is it so dark in here?"

"ummm.."

(double bass drum starts to warm up)
flash flash flash flash

"wooooooooooohhhhhhhhh"

lol

MOOSE

Nice! This gives me an idea...

You should get one of those decibel sensors so the lights go on with every kick, would be so cool!

A trigger acting as a swtich may be a better way to go about it. Our vocalist/guitarist has a decibel sensing set of lights that we've used at party gigs before, and honestly it just goes mental as soon as you start playing.

perhaps when I have a spare weekend I'll investigate putting a trigger into the circuit. My dad's an electrician so it shouldn't be too much work.

Back