Does Your Hihat Creep Up?

TomasHakkesBrain

When i play my hihat pedal for 20mins plus, the top hat creeps up. Very annoying.

Is there a way i can fix this without manual adjustment 5 times a gig?

My hi-hat's a creeper, as it's got that "chick sound".... ARARARARARRRRRR I'm here all week!

No seriously, it's either the wingnut is not giving proper tension (hit it with some lube) or it's time for a new clutch. Make sure the pull rod is not too narrow and that you're not getting positive contact.

Also, it may very well be the bottom part of the stand (height adjustment) that is sliding down. DO NOT overtighten against a piece of tubing, you'll crimp it and the stand will never work properly again. Get a memory lock or if you can't find one, use a hose clamp.

My hi-hat's a creeper, as it's got that "chick sound".... ARARARARARRRRRR I'm here all week!

No seriously, it's either the wingnut is not giving proper tension (hit it with some lube) or it's time for a new clutch. Make sure the pull rod is not too narrow and that you're not getting positive contact.

Also, it may very well be the bottom part of the stand (height adjustment) that is sliding down. DO NOT overtighten against a piece of tubing, you'll crimp it and the stand will never work properly again. Get a memory lock or if you can't find one, use a hose clamp.

Spot on....................

Back