cowbell muffling...

I use that light blue or yellow office putty for muffling drums, cymbals and cowbells. You can break it into any size you need, make it bigger or smaller, roll it into a long spaghetti piece or small dot, hang it underneath things, etc. Moongel is just overpriced toy rubber.

If you use muffling dots, get those little adhesive silicone rubber feet used for cupboard bumpers and protecting furniture. Exact same product as the official LP dots, just one-tenth the music store price.

Just listening in on the answers to cowbell muffling. Thanks for helping. I just got a Ludwig Chicago bell and it does have some overtones. I see lots of good things to try. Just wish I had my original one that came with my very first set... Black and gold laquer 3 ply ludwigs. I lost the bell in a fire but still have the woodblock. I got the set new in '57. Wish I still had it too.

You could try an Aquarian SuperCow II

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

...or if you're a Remo guy I guess a Powercow 3 or 4 would do the trick.

Okay, okay, I'll stop. :)

Wouldn't it be spelt SuperKow II...lol

Of course! What was I thinking.
So we have Aquarian SuperKow II... Remo Powercow 4...
What would Evans be ? Moo-Q 3?

Hahaha

Neal

That would be MADCOW, Sir...

Haha, yes!! but that would be
E-MAD COW

Plus, I agree with other posters who said that moon gel does the trick, but c'mon man, we're talking about cowbells here. It's MOO GEL. In fact, it should be moo gel no matter where you use it. You hit a drum goes and it goes "moooooooo". Put on some moo gel and it is now the much more pleasing "moo" sound.

I love that a quarter of my total posts thus far are about fake items relating to cowbells muffling. :)

Is it time to stop or shall we keep going? Warning, there's a lot if mileage in all things cow.

Neal

Back