bass tom holder in a stand base possible?

customdrum

Wanting to know if they make a stand base that will fit the 1" down tube of a bass drum tom mount. I want to mount my toms more to the left and figure there has to be a stand base large enough to fit the toms mount. anyone ever do this and if so what base did u use.
thanks

I made a double tom stand for my Tama kit from my old Tama hi-hat stand base that I hadn't used in years. I removed the pedal and spring, etc and I inserted the 1' Tama double tom holder into the tube.
It works great. I have been using it for years.
I even hung a few cymbal holders from it as you can see.

Another way to do it for low cost is to use two wrist clamps spaced about 6" or more apart to hold the 1" tube to a heavy duty cymbal stand base that you probably already own. (See clamp pic)

You can buy a double stand from Gibraltar that has two mounts that will accept the ball L arms that you already probably have on your bass drum tom holder. They cost about $95. The stand comes without ball L rods.

Attachments

• 0910001747.jpg
    0910001747.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 192
  • SC4425G.jpg
    SC4425G.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 1133532_27390_large.jpg
    1133532_27390_large.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Wanting to know if they make a stand base that will fit the 1" down tube of a bass drum tom mount. I want to mount my toms more to the left and figure there has to be a stand base large enough to fit the toms mount. anyone ever do this and if so what base did u use.
thanks

Yamaha 700 series cymbal stands have a bottom section that accepts 1" down tubes.

I have old Ludwig and Gibraltar boomstands where the base fits the double tom holders from Ludwig and Tama. You might have to look for the bigger, heavy duty ones.

Aren't those stands single braced?

Sure are, but I've held 14" and 16" toms and up to four cymbals (20" ride, 20" and 14" china, 18" crash) on one before with no problems whatsoever.

thanks for the replys!

good idea with the hi hats stand its pretty sturdy so im sure it would fall over easily either.

Back