Remo or Evans?

This is total nonsense

Are you in denial?

Anyone can criticize a post (or part of) by throwing one liners and then run off.
Why do you disagree with what I wrote?
Can you tell me why in 20 years of using remo coated heads not once has the coating flaked on me? Am I that lucky?
So if it doesn't have anything to do with how you strike the head, can you enlighten us as to why the coating flakes off?

I'll bet you anything that you will find a correlation b/w those who break drumsticks due to poor technique and those who have a "bad experience" with remo coated heads.
its the same people. I'm absolutely convinced about this.

Are you in denial?

Anyone can criticize a post (or part of) by throwing one liners and then run off.
Why do you disagree with what I wrote?
Can you tell me why in 20 years of using remo coated heads not once has the coating flaked on me? Am I that lucky?
So if it doesn't have anything to do with how you strike the head, can you enlighten us as to why the coating flakes off?

I'll bet you anything that you will find a correlation b/w those who break drumsticks due to poor technique and those who have a "bad experience" with remo coated heads.
its the same people. I'm absolutely convinced about this.

No, but you appear to be quite full of yourself and your own greatness

You can make up theories till your blue in the face. Without empirical evidence that's all it is.

Your explanation is simply not plausible. If technique is the problem why don't the Evans heads flake off as well? Clearly the issue lies somewhere else.

I'll overlook the "full of yourself" comment because in fact I am the exact opposite of that.
Furthermore, the Evans coating process is entirely different from the remo coating process. If you made the effort to look into that you would not be posting with such arrogance.

I'll overlook the "full of yourself" comment because in fact I am the exact opposite of that.
Furthermore, the Evans coating process is entirely different from the remo coating process. If you made the effort to look into that you would not be posting with such arrogance.

Yes i know all about the different methods. That entirely different process couldn't be the cause? Has to be technique? Arrogant? Check yourself dude. If you have to tell me how humble you are its probably not the case

So, do you expect someone to just say nothing when they are slandered with remarks like "your full of yourself" etc. So, defending my argument shows that I'm exactly that?
Ok you are right and I'm full of myself, lets just leave it at that then. I'll limit my posts from now on.

So, do you expect someone to just say nothing when they are slandered with remarks like "your full of yourself" etc. So, defending my argument shows that I'm exactly that?
Ok you are right and I'm full of myself, lets just leave it at that then. I'll limit my posts from now on.

Actually what he did was an unacceptable personal attack. He should be discussing the topic, not insulting you.

Actually what he did was an unacceptable personal attack. He should be discussing the topic, not insulting you.

I think leading by example is referring to the fact that you wrote something off topic too, not that you personally attacked anyone in the past. You don't have to defend yourself
trkdrmr I've read some of your posts, they are helpful and courteous.

Last edited:
I think leading by example is referring to the fact that you wrote something off topic too, not that you personally attacked anyone in the past. You don't have to defend yourself
trkdrmr I've read some of your posts, they are helpful and courteous. This guy is just being a pest.

Ok...I accept that I have taken a thread or two off center. I hope it has given people an alternative to discuss. Again... Back to the topic.

IMO the decision really isn't the drummer's, it is the drum's. I have a few different sets of drums and snares and some drums just like a coated ambassador more than a G2. I use G2's on my main live kits, but my old Gretsch kit loves ambassadors. I also have a World Max snare drum that is weak and choked sounding with a G2, but is bright and responsive with the ambassador on it. Anybody else feel this way about certain drums? I wish I didn't, because the G2's last me much longer.

trkdrmr I've read some of your posts, they are helpful and courteous. This guy is just being a pest.

A) You are correct about the off topic post
B) You stated opinion as fact regarding technique causing the coating issues. If calling BS on that and not accepting your word as gospel makes me a "pest" then so be it. Your buddy seems to take umbrage with that as well.

I was having a bad day and I thought your cutting me some slack was legitimate. I see now it wasn't

A) You are correct about the off topic post
B) You stated opinion as fact regarding technique causing the coating issues. If calling BS on that and not accepting your word as gospel makes me a "pest" then so be it. Your buddy seems to take umbrage with that as well.

I was having a bad day and I thought your cutting me some slack was legitimate. I see now it wasn't

You were not called a pest because you contested what I wrote regarding coating etc.
It was how you contested it, drive-by posts insulting forum members is not the proper way to go about it. However, I will retract my comment for the greater good since you conceded now that you were having a bad day.

drumac.

I agree with you on this, I have a Yamaha beechwood kit and currrently have a remo coated ambassador on my 10" tom. I tried a clear emperor on it once just to see the difference and I didn't like it at all, it did not sound good, I would have to tune it up pretty high to get a decent sound. Where as the coated amb sounded great low, med-low, med, med-high.
This does not apply to my 12 14" toms, they were fine with clear emp's. Right now, I have remo coated amb on my 10" and 14" snare (would never compromise this) remo coated emperor on my 12" and 14" tom. But I'm sure that coated amb on my 12 and 14 would sound great too but I'm really happy with the coated emps especially on the 12.

He asked about coated Emperors ...

If that's the case .....

Aquarian Super 2 coated....a thin 2 ply head with a great coating!

Back