Rack for Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit

mikec

I need recommendations on what rack would best fit my Gretsch kit.

BTW does anyone else have the Catalina Maple kit? Have you noticed how the hardware is kinda shoddy?

TIA

Mike

I have a Gretsch Renown with three toms and four cymbal arms mounted to a Pearl Icon 501 rack. It would depend on the drum sizes and what you want to hang on it. Mine are 8, 10, 12.
The rack comes with 2 PCL 100 clamps and 2 Clamps on the top of the corners for cymbal arms. I bought three more PCL 100 clamps as you can see below.

Attachments

• P3060048.JPG
    P3060048.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 10,504
I need to mount a 10 and 12 toms, I also have two floor toms 14 and 16, and a 22 kick.

Do you need to buy new tom mounts? Or can I use the ones that came with the kit?

Thanks for the reply

Mike

It comes with clamps but not tom mounts. However your mounts should fit in the clamps. Mine did.

Last edited:
Funny thing, this is the only heart burn I have with my kit. The tom, rim mounts, vibrate on every bass stroke and I have no Idea how to fix it. Unfortunatly I dont have the option of changing hardware, Have to buy gasoline!!!!!

Silly question, but is the bass drum sitting stable? Does it wobble by itself? My Renowns hardly wobbled on cymbal stands before I got my rack. Just a guess.

Last edited:
I turned the toes of the left and right posts "in" so the legs of my bass drum rest up againt the tips and act as an anti-slide mechanism. So, on my rack, the bass drum is very stable.

I'm somewhat confused on how tom and rims mounts wobble on your racks? I thought the rack helped with stability...

32692.jpg

I hear ya stillgroovin, mine do the same thing.... I only use the 12in tom but when I hit the drum I can hear a little after rattle thats coming from the tom mount.I really want to mount this tom off of the kick drum and onto its own stand or via a tom mount attached to my boom stand.

I'm buying a Gretsch Renown and have a Pearl Icon Curved Rack. I'm wondering what are the best Tom mounts to buy with this rack and a gretsch.

Back