Snare drum stand

Drummer777uk

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a snare drum stand that will hold my 12" Tom Drum, as the snare stand i was using has litrally broke an hour ago Does anybody know where i can buy a cheapish 12"(or a 13"/14" in that would hold a 12" Tom) snare stand. Also it needs to be fairly short as my tom is quite deep.

Many thanks!

Ritchie.

* Open a new browser tab
* Google drum shops in your area
* Phone them up and ask if they sell them
* Go and buy one

I dont have any music stores that are near to me.
also I have looked on the internet, Ebay, Google (ECT) and found nothing... Thats why I asked people on here.

Have you tried Guitar Center online? They have a used section. I think they'll ship to you but not sure but it's worth checking out.

Good luck!

also I have looked on the internet, Ebay, Google (ECT) and found nothing... Thats why I asked people on here.

I'm amazed you couldn't find anything on ebay. More amazed at not finding anything in google, and absolutely dumbfounded that you can be on a forum and not find anything on the INTERNET.

The two ways I take this are:
1) Troll
2)You don't want to lift a finger and have someone else do everything for you.

Assuming UK is regional try looking around in craigslist (crap shoot if you're in the sticks). If you're shipping it to you because there isn't a store nearby you'll still have to pay for the gas to get it to your door, and that might be what makes them not cheap.

Last edited:
I'm amazed you couldn't find anything on ebay. More amazed at not finding anything in google, and absolutely dumbfounded that you can be on a forum and not find anything on the INTERNET.

The two ways I take this are:
1) Troll
2)You don't want to lift a finger and have someone else do everything for you.

Assuming UK is regional try looking around in craigslist (crap shoot if you're in the sticks). If you're shipping it to you because there isn't a store nearby you'll still have to pay for the gas to get it to your door, and that might be what makes them not cheap.

wtf are you going on about?? i couldnt find any stands that matched what i need.. i have been looking for days, so i thought i would ask people on here, as people may have been in the same situation before. 12" Small stands are not very easy to come by (in my opinion), they only had 4, 12" stands on the whole of Ebay and they were no good to me. If you dont belive me look for yourself.. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=12"+snare+stand&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And before you start calling people things, i suggest that you shut up because you dont even know me, so stop getting mouthy over the internet and if you dont like what i have posted and you feel that im apparently ''getting people to look for me'' , then dont reply to my question.. .

I hear ya, buddy, maybe you're just looking for a recommendation? Man, people are quick to judge, aren't they?

@;OrangeAgent27..
Im glad somebody understands! lol
and yeah thats exactly it mate, all im doing is looking for advice from people that have perhaps been in the same position before, Or someone in the UK may know were i could get one from Ect. im not looking for people too look for me at all.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tama-HS70PWN-...740434&cguid=a3fe3a8e12e0a47a2f201220fff6e7b6

http://www.wembleydrumcentre.com/Ca...and-For-Piccollo-Snare-Drums-Max-12-Dia-SS662

http://www.drumwright.co.uk/pedals_...tand_for_12_15_inch_snare_drums___hs70pwn.htm
(delivery)

Sorry but those were easy to find and London has a lot of music shops.

If not, try PMT music, who'll deliver to you.
http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/stores/

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a snare drum stand that will hold my 12" Tom Drum, as the snare stand i was using has litrally broke an hour ago Does anybody know where i can buy a cheapish 12"(or a 13"/14" in that would hold a 12" Tom) snare stand. Also it needs to be fairly short as my tom is quite deep.

Many thanks!

Ritchie.

I think part of the problem is that Ritchie/Drummer777uk is a bit of a noob (and I don't mean that in an insulting way), and simply doesn't know that snare drum stands don't come in specific sizes for drums. Most accommodate 12-15" drums depending on how far you spread the arms of the snare basket (the part that unfolds and holds the drum). Most any regular snare stand will hold a 12" tom easily. If you're adamant that you find something that's geared toward smaller diameter drums, Pearl makes one where the, ummm... "hands" of the snare basket (that doesn't sound right, but I'll call 'em that since they're at the top of the stand, on the ends of the basket "arms", and the "feet" are on the floor), the rubber things, are adjustable horizontally along the "arms" to accommodate drums down to 10", I think. Hope that helps some.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't having a pop.
I just couldn't believe that, with this day and age of varying internet search engines, our OP could not have found what he was looking for so I gave him a helping hand.

No dis-respect, but i dont think people understand what im looking for. (maybe its my fault for not being more spercific) the stand i am after needs to be around 16/17 inches tall as my tom drum is pretty deep (11 inches)

When i have searched and looked around online (as well as the website that Hellwyck gave to me), many of the stands that i have come across are 20 inches at the lowest height and thats the smallest size I have seen so far.

also.. i know that i can put my 12inch tom on a 14inch snare stand, but i was looking prefurably for a stand that holds 12" instead of 14" drums because as you tighten the snare basket it highers the drum where the snare basket has closed so much (if that makes sense?)

Many Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't having a pop.
I just couldn't believe that, with this day and age of varying internet search engines, our OP could not have found what he was looking for so I gave him a helping hand.

Hellwyck.. By telling me that you think im a ''troll'' and that you think i ''don't want to lift a finger and have someone else do everything for me'' is not giving somebody a helping hand, thats being rude and sarcastic and not helpfull in anyway, if you going to act like that then dont comment on questions that i ask.. all im looking for in help/advice from people that might have been in the same situation before, im nt looking for people to do all the work and search for me at all, i will and have been doing that quite happily myself, i have been looking for days like i have already said and i cant find anything (yet) that matches what i need as it needs to be a really short stand, so please stop with the sarcastic attitude and i f you wana to try and help by giving advice then thankyou im greatful, but if your just going to be rude about things then dont bother.

Oh, so it's height you're looking for, not accommodating the drum's diameter... I vaguely recall a stand marketed as being shorter than normal- Tama, maybe? Or just take any snare stand, take the top half fully out of the bottom half, and remove a few inches from the downtube with a pipe cutter.

Hellwyck.. By telling me that you think im a ''troll'' and that you think i ''don't want to lift a finger and have someone else do everything for me'' is not giving somebody a helping hand, thats being rude and sarcastic and not helpfull in anyway, if you going to act like that then dont comment on questions that i ask..all im looking for in help/advice from people that might have been in the same situation before, im nt looking for people to do all the work and search for me at all, i will and have been doing that quite happily myself, i have been looking for days like i have already said and i cant find anything (yet) that matches what i need as it needs to be a really short stand, so please stop with the sarcastic attitude and i f you wana to try and help by giving advice then thankyou im greatful, but if your just going to be rude about things then dont bother.

Ok... *takes deep breath* before you type one more thing to me you need to read this and read it good:

1. NOT ONCE DID I CALL YOU A TROLL- THAT WAS "CHAYMUS", NOT ME

2. ANGER WILL NOT GET YOU FRIENDS, IT GETS YOU IGNORED

3. GIVING SOMEONE A HELPING HAND IS NOT "SARCASTIC" - IT IS GIVING YOU A HELPING HAND!!
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 28 YEARS IN VARIOUS PLACES WITH VARIOUS PEOPLE, THAT AMOUNT OF TIME GETS YOU NETWORKED WITH PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP YOU

Now "Drummer777uk" I suggest you grow up. Seriously.

Appologies guys and gals of Drummerworld but I tried to help this kid and got my head bitten off.
I'm pretty sure if he'd have PHONED UP THE SHOPS ON MY LIST he'd have found something he wanted.

Back