What's the story behind your user name?

Well mine is for JP and no its not my initials first name is Josh and people use to call me Joshy poo then it changed to JP and now its JayP. <3 Drummerworld

well, my ambition is to swing, very simple.

that didnt came out to well.
No, i´m refered to the bigband era.

GetAgrippa! Do I need to explain. Actually it is my moniker on Wikipedia (Yep I'm an idiot). Get A Grip A-as in Art (my first name). I often have to remind myself to Get a Grip. It also refers to gripping my sticks, or stick as the case maybe. hee, hee.

that didnt came out to well.
No, i´m refered to the bigband era.

Haha, no I understood that you meant Swing music. Get your mind out of the gutter...

it was my youtube username and then i used it for everything else so i wouldn't forget them, i hate it soooo much. i have no idea why i picked 27

Mine is pretty obvious, although it has been a long time since I walked the beat. I do however march to a different drummer today.

If it weren't for the music in my head, the voices would take over!

Almuric is the name of the planet an heroic character gets transprted to in a cool old Si-Fi book "Iron Hand", written by Robert E. Howard, the creator of "Conan the Barbarian". The character's name is Esau Cairn but who can pronounce that? Iron hand is too Kung Foo-y, but "Conan the librarian" would have been funny.

Im not really that old just 49 but I like to play old 70s rock hence the name

well i love to skate on darkstar boards thats the story lol

I got it from my parents. In Italian, "Fiore" means flower. "Jim" is short for "James" which is a variant of "Jacob" which means "the supplanter". So, I guess that means that I'm the guy who supplants flowers. Or maybe I'm a flower that supplants other flowers. Or maybe my parents just thought it sounded better than "Zeke Fiore". I dunno. I've been using it for almost 50 years. Works well enough.

Well, I was trying to think up a user name, and I remembered the song "I am Citizen Insane" by radiohead. So I thought, "thats a pretty badass name" and put as my user-name. thats my story. =)

Years ago I was trying to think of a username for online gaming and other internet-type things that was concise, memorable, unique, and made a statement about me as a person. And also didn't have any numbers in it.

After a lot of thinking, I somehow came up with this one.

You say the letter names of the capital letters, and pronounce the lower case letters as one bit of the word:

Pee Que Ley R = peculiar. It used to be PQleeR, which is more accurate from a pronounciation point of view, but looks a little weird, so I added in the Y to form the name I eventually used. I even had an accent over the E at one point (PQléyR), but that was too complicated.

As far as I know, I'm the only person in the world using this name. A google search returns only my forum posts, youtube channel etc.

If you want to see what's so peculiar about me, I suggest you have a look at this.

This thread is so cool! It's taught me to slow down and read the user names a little closer. Very creative and unique names out there. I suddenly feel very plain and ordinary :eek:(

Back