My new toy.

jer

Silver Member
1985 Dodge Camper Van.

photo3-1.jpg

The girl and I plan on doing some traveling this summer / fall, but it will also act as a springboard for the duo we will work on whilst traveling and have a pipe dream of it becoming a way to cover the costs of traveling. I may convince my girl to let me take a band out for a week or two, but we'd kinda like to keep the remainder of it's life dedicated to us.

So who's got a driveway we can park in for a few days? Pol, I'm looking at you!!!

The year that I graduated from high school in 1975, I bought a 1962 Ford Econoline van and I rebuilt the engine.
I did up the interior as a camper. Kind of, LOL! I was 19 years old.
I drove it from Connecticut to Anchorage Alaska.
I spent that summer working in a restaurant and also as a fishing guide of all things. I hunt but I don't fish!!! Many funny memories!
Have fun, I did!

Oh yeah, if the van is a rockin', don't come a knockin' ...

If you wind up in South Florida.................I got a parking space for you FOR FREE B%^&*! (But I wanna see her in THAT DRESS) (hahaha)

For sale: A Big, Juicy, Van

Back in 2001, after my then band fell apart, my girlfriend (now wife) did our own cross country tour, sleeping in the back of my van.

Very fun times.

So who's got a driveway we can park in for a few days? Pol, I'm looking at you!!!

That's a huge beast, Jer. Parking must be ... interesting.

Alas I'm not much help 'cos I don't have a driveway. I park my old Corolla out on the road under the gum trees so the sap, leaves, twigs and possum crap fall on it continually.

So you're planning on touring Oz? How TF would you get that ginormous thing out here?? lol

The year that I graduated from high school in 1975, I bought a 1962 Ford Econoline van and I rebuilt the engine.
I did up the interior as a camper. Kind of, LOL! I was 19 years old.
I drove it from Connecticut to Anchorage Alaska.
I spent that summer working in a restaurant and also as a fishing guide of all things. I hunt but I don't fish!!! Many funny memories!
Have fun, I did!

Change out the dates and locations and that story reminds me of an old buddy of mine, he ended up with his van (actually, my high school band's van he bought out from us), in the Queen Charlotte Islands off the coast of BC, part time short order cook, part time canoe / kayak tour guide... he had never really even been on the water much, let alone becoming a tour guide in a place he had only lived in for a few weeks...

Back in 2001, after my then band fell apart, my girlfriend (now wife) did our own cross country tour, sleeping in the back of my van.

Very fun times.

I've had such a blast touring with bands, but the part that sometimes sucks is not getting to hang out somewhere for more than a day, I figure this will be like touring without the hassle of having to load gear, setup / tear down and leave early the next morning. Looking forward to the fun times!

That's a huge beast, Jer. Parking must be ... interesting.

Alas I'm not much help 'cos I don't have a driveway. I park my old Corolla out on the road under the gum trees so the sap, leaves, twigs and possum crap fall on it continually.

So you're planning on touring Oz? How TF would you get that ginormous thing out here?? lol

I reckon we can flip her over... she should float! An ocean worthy vessel if I've ever laid eyes on one.

At just shy of 19' (5.8 metres), it will be an interesting challenge to find places to park, I've only had to park it twice so far, both times took more than one attempt... I've driven larger vans before so I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it soon enough, but yeah... we considered C classes, I'm so happy we didn't go that route!

When I was young and I travelled about I learned this. You can be who you want to be when you go to a new far away place. People will gravitate to you because you are new and different. It all has to do with the natural human spirt of curiosity.
Have fun on your journey!

Hey Jer, just picked this up. That's an uber cool van you have there. You can park on my drive anytime. We have a 40ft container coming over to my factory from Toronto once a month, but I think you're van is probably too tall. Anyhow, have fun & live the dream (& a dream girl too, man she looks pretty in that dress & the Dorothy shoes).

I reckon we can flip her over... she should float! An ocean worthy vessel if I've ever laid eyes on one.

At just shy of 19' (5.8 metres), it will be an interesting challenge to find places to park, I've only had to park it twice so far, both times took more than one attempt... I've driven larger vans before so I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it soon enough, but yeah... we considered C classes, I'm so happy we didn't go that route!

I can barely reverse park my Corolla. How you can park that thing is a mystery to me. You must be a spacial genius :)

Be careful sailing (rowing?) over here, if the coast guard see an upsidedown Dodge heading towards the east coast, they might even resort to calling up a radio station to complain to a shock jock!

Or you could sail west and park it easily on Andy's 10 million hectare property in the country ...

Don't you dare take that thing out on the road before getting a rad airbrushed wizard or unicorn on the size of that monster.

AARRGHH!!!!!....beaten to the punch...curse you zambizzi

I knew a guy who had this painted on his van in the early 80's....just the guy on the horse, not the actual name molley hatchet.....I say bring back the mural! You go first, and I'll be right behind.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 175
AARRGHH!!!!!....beaten to the punch...curse you zambizzi

I knew a guy who had this painted on his van in the early 80's....just the guy on the horse, not the actual name molley hatchet.....I say bring back the mural! You go first, and I'll be right behind.

Oh hell yeah, any Frank Frazetta art is appropriate for van pimpage.

Although the idea of a crying unicorn being rode by a scantly clad sword wielding vixen over a double rainbow is appealing... I feel as though I have to install either a crescent moon or diamond shaped window to truly give justice to this kind of artistic statement.

Sorry guys, maybe next season we'll be able to afford such basic luxuries, but for now we'll have to settle with just touching up the window frames.

Andy, I'm slightly concerned about your extended thoughts regarding footwear... perhaps purchasing a similar pair for yourself would help fuel whatever is sparking in there???

So that's where I've been going wrong? Too many t-shirts and jeans and not enough Dorothy shoes ... wow, men like the darnedest thing.

Jer, if it's going to be too much of an ask to have the full medieval treatment you could at least bribe some old hippie to give it the psychedelic treatment at a modest cost.

vw_van3.jpg

Back