Used Cymbal Stands on ebay?

The tricky thing about buying used hardware is often once you factor in shipping charges (especially if you're buying multiple items from different sellers) you could easily end up spending close to what a new stand would cost in a store or from an online retailer that offers free shipping.

I've picked up a few decent deals over the years but with so many places offering free shipping and discounts from 5 -15% for anything even somewhat resembling a holiday I've bought my last several cymbal stands new.

I don't buy used stands that I'm going to use for cymbals with my kits anymore. The price difference doesn't justify it.

I have bought some used junker stands that I modified for different purposes that turned out well. But some of them are just plain junk - chipping/rusted chrome, stripped out threads (can't tell that from photos), dented shafts from over-tightening, shafts that won't slide or that won't tighten down, missing feet, and various other problems

I always buy used, and I will continue to do so. I just make sure sure I have a stock of inserts and felts as they are usually most worn part of a used stand. Stands get beat up, buying a new one to throw it in the hardware case with my other stands make little sense to me. Gibralter makes great gear that holds up to the riggors of the gigging drummer. I say go for it.

..... in good shape and quality?
That's the key. Almost all my hardware, all 7 of my drum sets, 3 of my amps, my keyboard, 3 guitars and 1 bass ..... all came off eBay.​

Only if I could check it out in person.

Really though, just get the yamaha pack you asked about in your other thread, it's well worth it.

If the picture looks decent and there is a good description I'd say go for it. Almost all my hardware came off of ebay and craigslist and I've yet to regret it. Make sure you checkout craigslist as it often has even better deals on hardware.

And yeah, pay attention to the price but I'd hardly call it a "tricky thing."

Good luck

Back