taking care of my double pedal

I just bought a DW9002 double pedal and was wondering if I could get some tips on how to keep it in top shape. This is my first high quaulity pedal and I just need a few pointers on maintainence.

Keep it out of the rain/snow, you don't want it getting big wet.
If you have shedding animals (dogs/cats), their hair could be a problem. Get the pedal its own rug, keep the are around the pedal free of hair and dirt.

Basically just keep it clean. Check back with us in 800 to 1000 hours of playing time, well tell you how to clean/lube.

Keep it dust and dirt free. You may never need to oil or lube it. Check with DW to see what they have to say. Go to the source.

Nothing at all regularly.

Spray a little WD40 on it every few months and like was said, keep the carpet, dog hair and crud cleaned up from regular playing. Otherwise there is pretty much nothing to go wrong.

Check every once in a while how sloppy the grease might be on the heel hinge. I stained a carpet early on with the pedal grease that came with when I set it up in my living room the first few weeks I had it on a kit.

The wife was pissed.

Spray a little WD40 on it every few months
Don't. It will dissolve all the lubrication while its own oil will wear off very quickly. WD-40 should only be used in combination with a more pemanent lube (if ever).

Good point. WD40 will reduce the viscosity of standard bearing and hinge grease.

I stand corrected. Don't do anything to the pedal unless it requires re-lubrication of moving parts.

Maybe DW can send you an email with what bearing lube should be used for bi-annual or annual maintenance.

To be honest, I've had mine for years and never done a thing to it except clean the crud off and it works the same as when I got it.

Back