Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

beatdat

I'd have to say that the forum I browse the most on Drummerworld is Drum Technique, mostly because I'm interested in getting better at drumming and doing so in the most efficient and effective way possible. But, I do enjoy the General Discussion, Drum Gear, and Off Topic Lounge forums as well.

The one forum I don't think I've looked at much is the Electronic Drums forum in Drum Gear. I've never played in e-kit, I don't think I will, and so I'm not inclined to browse it.

What are you guys mostly here for? Is it to talk about drums in general, to talk about drummers, to talk drum technique or drum gear or is it something else?

I like to just complain a lot that you can't post off-topic things in the off-topic forum as much as I can. Therefor I spend the most time there looking for opportunities.

NOTE: This thread is not in line with the off-topic forum rules, because it is off-topic.

I check in several times a day hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and look for interesting thread titles.

If I think I have anything of value to say, or a comment to try for a laugh I make otherwise just sit back and enjoy the view\s...

I also hit 'New Posts' and read whatever thread titles don't start with:
"My new kit change for the 4th time this year"
"Should I buy some Zildjian K cymbals?"
"What will coated heads sound like on my 14 tom"
"List your fave_______"
"DW drums - overated?"

I am mostly drawn to discussions of playing, styles and technique, and history of drummers.
I read, I learn, I grimace, I laugh, I sigh, ... then realize how much time I could have spent practicing instead of reading. Just kidding, its all good.

I check in several times a day hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and look for interesting thread titles.

Ditto.

I read, I learn, I grimace, I laugh, I sigh, ... then realize how much time I could have spent practicing instead of reading. Just kidding, its all good.

Thinking about it, discussing it, joking about it, arguing about it... We're improving our craft in lots of ways by doing this. Absolutely not a time waste. It's valuable research and feedback.

I browse the General Discussion first and move all of the threads that were dumped there instead of the Proper section. Then I go to the Off Topic Lounge because for some reason most of the spammers go there first, then I go back to the General Section and ban the spammers that land there because it is the first section to post. Then I peruse the rest of the forum and delete the posts that seem somewhat political, and then search out Dr. Watso to see which rule he may have violated that day. I eventually get to them all, but it's just part of the agreement between Bernhard and myself.

I don't read by forum. I hit "new posts" and read along, or I look for my subscribed threads, or I do a search for a topic. Crazy, I know.

Since we're discussing shortcuts, if you go to your profile page, you can click the link to search for posts you're involved in. Best way to keep up with on-going discussions I find as they sometimes get pushed down the list by other posts.

Wow Larry showed me the "Quote" button-now all these short cuts. I randomly click around-so sometimes I miss stuff. I generally suck at multitasking so I often write(vomit) some long diatribe and post then only to realize it's the wrong thread. I hate when I do that. Of course sometimes it's the correct thread and still unrelated to the thread topic-just to keep everyone on their toes ;) I wish there was a "shed" section in playing where people post just short 1-2 minutes of something they are working on. What sometimes irritates me about the Playing sections is lots of ride by posters who want you to subscribe or only post videos and don't participate-they really aren't interested in being part of the DW community or ever comment on other videos or in other threads. Too many shy people lurking need to speak up too.

Wow Larry showed me the "Quote" button-now all these short cuts. I randomly click around-so sometimes I miss stuff. I generally suck at multitasking so I often write(vomit) some long diatribe and post then only to realize it's the wrong thread. I hate when I do that. Of course sometimes it's the correct thread and still unrelated to the thread topic-just to keep everyone on their toes ;) I wish there was a "shed" section in playing where people post just short 1-2 minutes of something they are working on. What sometimes irritates me about the Playing sections is lots of ride by posters who want you to subscribe or only post videos and don't participate-they really aren't interested in being part of the DW community or ever comment on other videos or in other threads. Too many shy people lurking need to speak up too.

When you do that, go to that post, copy, go to the proper section, paste, then go back to the wrong post and delete it. You can delete your own posts with no issue. If not, send me a message and let me delete it before you get answers to that post so they don't get lost in the shuffle. sometimes as I am moving a thread, someone will post, and that post doesnt get moved and stays there without context and then I have to go delete it and hope the poster can remember what they said and repost their thoughts.

Since we're discussing shortcuts, if you go to your profile page, you can click the link to search for posts you're involved in. Best way to keep up with on-going discussions I find as they sometimes get pushed down the list by other posts.

You can also go to a section and look for the posts that are showing in bold print, and know that there has been entries since your last visit or entry.

You can also go to a section and look for the posts that are showing in bold print, and know that there has been entries since your last visit or entry.

Never knew that at all. I am so used to the ego-search as I previosly mentioned I guess I never noticed. My method is automatic and searches all different forums and forum categories automatically. It's really a very easy way to keep track of your conversations.

Click your name in the top right, click the "statistics" tab in the middle, then click "find all posts by your name". It's handily organized chronologically and by latest activity. As mentioned, it looks through all sub-forums so you don't have to click around looking for threads you're a participant of.

I always click on "today's post" on the quick link section.
Fast.

Thanks GruntersDad. I tell ya been on this forum 11 years and still know squat. Never too old to learn. On a personal note-it must be frightening to think that people, like me, are performing research and trying to cure diseases and what not. No we aren't all DOOMED.....maybe??

Ok, you know when you click on "Drum Gear" and it shows the different pages for Drums, Cymbals, Sticks and Heads, etc.?

Well, unbeknownst to me, there was a forum page right below that list of pages. I didn't know this existed until about a week ago.

Thanks GruntersDad. I tell ya been on this forum 11 years and still know squat. Never too old to learn. On a personal note-it must be frightening to think that people, like me, are performing research and trying to cure diseases and what not. No we aren't all DOOMED.....maybe??

Weird people come up with the best ideas because they're weird ideas when they're first introduced.

The most the 'General Discussion' and the 'Your Playing' section..

The least the 'Drum Gear' section, because there i always have the feeling that i am reading the same thread over and over again, despite the fact that each thread has a different title..

Back