Heads for Sonor Delite

Doc_27

Hi guys. I want to change the default heads of my Sonor Delite. I think I'll buy Evans heads, like G1 for toms, G2 for floor tom (maybe resonant for all the tom side), Power Center Reverse Dot for snare drum (Hazy 300 on side), and Emad for bass drum.

Some people really loves Evans's heads, other people hate them. Maybe I'll buy only a G1 and an ambassador head for tom first, and I will try them togheter, before taking all the heads.

What heads would you use on Delite?

Definetly single ply like an ambassador or G1. The 2 ply heads will hold the shells back and they won't open up as they should. I just made the mistake of using G2 on a Premier Signia 5ply maple. The 10 & 12 are being held back the 14 floor is ok with the G2.
The Delites are my favorite kits so good luck with it and care for it cause they do hold value better than most do. I like lightweight bottom heads (Aq. clear) for the snare side and still use amb. coated on the batter side or Aq. black Jack DeJonette coated. I go with the Aq. super kick 1 on the bass and their regulator for reso. (Not Ported)(NO Pillows) That thing should rumble and decay nicely. (Old School Kick Drum) Doc

My idea was to use G2 only for the 14" floor tom, and G1 on 10" and 12" toms. What about a confrontation about G1 and ambassador? I want to be sure, before take all the heads for the set. :)

You have one of the best sounding kits on the planet, let them sing to their full capacity and use single ply heads on your DeLites.

Two ply heads will hold the shells back.

G1's, Ambs, it's all good.
I can detect only a slight diff between a G1 and an Amb.
I like them both equally.

ditto.........................................................the same to me! Doc

I've played G1s & Ambassadors on the same kit and the best I can gather, it depends on the particular lot. I've played evans primarily but I've had remo blow them out of the water-and vice versa! The argument can really go both ways but the best advice I have is to try one, then the either and go with your gut.

Very nice kit btw!

Might want to check out some Vintage A's.

Definitely worth checking out the G Plus heads as well. If you want a balanced response across the toms, you might want to check out G1's for the high toms and G Plus for the lower tom(s). Don't forget to check out the rest of the versions of the EMAD. What style(s) of music are you playing and what type of tuning do you use?

On the floor toms (14,16) I tried the Vintage A, then the G2, before finally settling on the Emperor. Vinatge A on the other toms.

Back