tipped over RODE NT-1. broken?

mapexzil

ok so i just got a tom holder. i have a bunch of mics set up including the rode nt-1 as an overhead. i moved the mics out of the way so i could set up the tom holder. i was done and putting the mics back when the cord of one of them made the nt-1's stand tip over. i don't think it directly hit the mesh of the mic but i was freaked out. i have a PA so i plugged in the nt-1, turned on the phantom power, then slowly turned the volume of the channel up. i barely do this and i get the most shrill feedback. i was holding it next to the PA so i thought maybe it was too close that's why i was getting feedback. i put it in the stand maybe 5 yards away and i still got the feedback. at this point i'm panicking.

i then thought what would it sound like in a recording. so i plugged it into my firepod which i plugged into garageband. i recorded some stuff and it sounds perfectly fine. no wind sound unless i turned the volume up (there's a fan so that's what it was).

is the mic ok? is it just a too sensitive mic to put in a PA?

feedback well appreciated

It sounds OK to me, and if you made a recording with it, that proves it works.
You got off lucky this time but be careful!

thanks guys. i tried hooking it up though the PA again. it works if don't raise the volume too much. i think that's just how the mic is in general though. btw i just got all the cords and taped them in bundles and to the ground, reducing the trippability (lol trippability)

Back