USB Recording Interface!!

Zoofie

Hey all!
Im looking to buy a USB recording interface that can record at least 4 tracks at the same time (in 4 seperate channels).
Unfortunately i am unable to use firewire as my laptop doesn't have a firewire port :(
My budget is no more than £230 for all this.......it doesn't need to be 8 pre amps , just 4 so i can record 2 overheads , one kick and one snare :).
Cheers all!

i have actually been looking at one of those for the same reason, i've read some good reviews on it, but has anyone here tried it? Thanks

Ah cool MFB :)
Unfortunately i was unable to find anything though , from that same make :(

Anybody else have any good suggestions? Or have used the Fast Track Ultra for drum recording:)?

P.S
Will the fast track ultra record each microphone into seperate tracks :)?

Thanks!

Any interface should put the different channels into different tracks. What kind of software are you going to be recording with?

Cubase or Mixcraft. Most proberly Cubase.
My old mixer couldn't record more than 2 stereo tracks though? It was outputting via RCA out the mixer.

Because you were using the RCA Output.

These devices with USB or FireWire do the A/D Conversion and then simply put the binary data into the computer directly. A 'normal' mixer doesn't do the A/D Conversion and you're dealing with a purely analogue signal.

Awesome thanks mate!
So Fast Track Ultra will let me record each mic in seperate tracks? Sorry , just to clarify?

Back