Gretsch New Classic

You bastard, nice set, very nice set.I love the finish, a natural look matte or glossy seems like it never goes out of style.

Here's another one not offered in the States:

Again I don't understand why all finishes are not offered in all areas.

But the only finish I'm PO'd about is the Merlot Sparkle. I buy my kit and this Ltd. finish comes out a month or so later :)

Hi,
Does anybody know if the sparkle finish for the new classic is a lacquer or a wrap ?
Thanks

Looks great!!!

I like the newer mounting system on the toms too.. Looks a little "spidery" but that's alright.. almost a Sonor-ish design.

I like the newer mounting system on the toms too.. Looks a little "spidery" but that's alright.. almost a Sonor-ish design.

It definately is an interesting design. I opted to remove mine, and instead installed a USA rims mount. I think I like it better that way...

Nice kit. Gretsch is King.

Hi all I'm new to this site. Just wanted to say I've got the same gretsch kit,Natural satin. Love it to bits. Can I ask what sizes your hats,crash,and ride are? I'm looking at getting a Sabian HHX pack for mine. I was thinking maybe the evolution performance pack!?! I'm playing a bit of blues,reggae,and just starting to get into acid jazz! Love JTQ and the guys in my band want to give it a go. Want to get that funk sound.

Regards
Mogster

I am speechless....its that beautiful. That is a virgin kick, right? How do you like your drums, or is that a stupid question?

Make that two. Speechless. Gorgeous..

EDIT: Oops...just realized this thread is ancient!! beautiful kit anyway :)

Back