INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

hi all, been visiting from time to time, decided to join, thnx for the add.

Real name? Conrad
Age? 41
How long have you been playing? 25 yrs off and on
Origin of user name? luv to shoot stuff... with my camera :)
Your top 5 drummers? jeff porcaro, chad smith, dave grohl
Make of drumkit? gretsch renown maple
Make of cymbal? zildjian and sabian
Where do you practice? home
Are you in a band? not at this time
Do you play covers or originals? covers
What style of music? mix
Favourite take out food? chipotle
What country do you live in? usa
One really odd fact about yourself? i get ocd at times
How did you start drumming? just formed a band with my high school friends, not a pro, just a hobby..

heres my kit:

Last edited:
Real name? Mike
Age? 43
How long have you been playing? 4 years (That was ages 11-15)
Origin of user name? Ice Hockey Goalie (Beer League pro)
Your top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Matt Cameron, Dave Abbruzzese, Ringo
Make of drumkit? 5pc Groove Percussion (got for free)
Make of cymbal? PowerBeat (OMG I think Pot lids & trash can lids sound better)
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? heck no
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? 90's Grunge/Alternative
Favourite take out food? take out from my kitchen.
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? Look like Robert Downey Jr.'s older, grayer brother.
How did you start drumming? Family friend bought a 5pc pearl set for me @ 11th Birthday. (I gave them away @ 15)

Real name? Joško
Age? 15,5
How long have you been playing? 1 year
Origin of user name? my nickname
Your top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Mario Klarić, Stephen Taylor, Thomas Lang
Make of drumkit? Benston for now, but after some savings Yamaha
Make of cymbal? Meinl for now, but after some savings Zildjian
Where do you practice? Studio
Are you in a band? Yes, although we don't exist yet, we will definitely start very soon
Do you play covers or originals? Covers, but want play originals of course
What style of music? Funk,fusion,blues,Prog metal (just Dream Theater), even jazz..
Favourite take out food? Kebab
What country do you live in? Croatia
One really odd fact about yourself? I play the violin for almost 9 years
How did you start drumming? when parents finally bought me a drumkit

Real name?
Luke

Age?

How long have you been playing?
30 Years

Origin of user name?
A play on my surname

Your top 5 drummers?]/b]
Mick Fleetwood, Nick Menza, Iggor Cavalera, Charlie Benante, Daniel Erlandsson

Make of drumkit?
Mapex Meridian Birch

Make of cymbal?
Sabian, with a Zing crash and Zildjian power ride.

Where do you practice?
A mill studio

Are you in a band?
Yes, a rock and metal covers band called Fretsaw

Favourite take out food?
Chinese

What country do you live in?
England

One really odd fact about yourself?
There aren't any

How did you start drumming?
I tapped on tables as a baby, grandparents bought me a drumkit at age 5. The rest is history.

Real name?
Shane

Age?

Origin of user name?
my dinky website

Your top 5 drummers?
Umm, who?

Make of drumkit?
Pearl Smx vintage fade...she's so sexy, I will fight to keep hands off her!

Make of cymbal?
Zildjian and more Zildjians....

Where do you practice?
My basement studio of cables and humudity

Are you in a band?
Nope, wish I was

Favourite take out food?
Honestly quit eating out about 2 years ago. Ive worked too many kitchens..

United States of America.

My bio clock holds minimum 28-30hr days. I never wake at same time, always 6hrs sleep tho.

Snare in elem at 4th grade. Excessive energy to pound on stuff .. "see odd fact above"

I Love to record and play with the digital side of drumming. I refuse to learn another instrument, if I cant hit it with a stick... I don't give a rats ass. 25 years of drumming, 5 yrs worth skill... I'm pacing myself.

Just got the vintage fade smx kit of my dreams, only took 9 years. Perhaps in another 20, i'll learn to play it.

I don't play covers much. I claim its because I don't like to, but the real reason is, I have crap memory and its more fun to improvise. What was I typing about here??

www.shanesplanet.com is my crappy site to learn html and escape youtube's madness..

Last edited:
Real name? Creighton
Age? 52
How long have you been playing? On/Off 42yrs. mostly off :-(
Origin of user name? My Name
Your top 5 drummers? Krupa,BR, Mr. Watts, Carmen
Make of drumkit? Slingy Radio King
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Jazz/Swing
Favourite take out food? Taco Johns
What country do you live in? USA.
One really odd fact about yourself? I restore old Coke machines /anything coin operated.
How did you start drumming? Dad was a drummer

Attachments

• intro_1w.jpg
    intro_1w.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Real name? Vaidotas
Age? 26
How long have you been playing? 9.5 years
Origin of user name? That is how they called me at school :)
Your top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Steve Smith, Todd Suchermann, Benny Greb, Simon Phillips, Steve Gadd
Make of drumkit? RMV Concept Exclusive Purpleheart, Premier Genista
Make of cymbal? Trexist
Where do you practice? Youth club where I teach
Are you in a band? Yes, 5 and other various projects
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Rock/metal/pop/r'n'b/and others
Favourite take out food? Hate take out food
What country do you live in? Lithuania.
One really odd fact about yourself? I collect snare drums
How did you start drumming? Saw a drummer playing in school and really liked

Real name? Sophie Revell
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? 5 months
Origin of user name? Just a nickname from school!
Your top 5 drummers? Joey Jordison, Ray Luzier, Roy Mayorga, Ginger Fish, Tre Cool
Make of drumkit? GD-5 Gear4Music 5-piece
Make of cymbal? Meinl
Where do you practice? My garage
Are you in a band? No, but I jam with friends occasionally
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Metal and punk
Favourite take out food? Chinese!
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? I watch Lord of the Rings at least once a week...
How did you start drumming? I can play guitar, and thought drums would be good too

Real name? Mark
Age? 27

How long have you been playing? Music for 20 years; Drums and percussion off and on for about 15.

Origin of user name?

Your top 5 drummers? Bonzo, Bermuda, Bellson, Weinberg, Animal, and Alex Van Halen. (If I could count, you'd know I'm not really a drummer).

Make of drumkit? Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute 10,12,14, and 22. Tama Starclassic Maple 6.5x14 snare.

Make of cymbal? 14" A Zildjian quick beat hi-hats, 15" Sabian HH crash, 10" A Zildjian Splash, 20" K Zildjian ride are in the starting lineup. I have a 16" Zildjian A Custom Crash and 18" Zildjian field crash on the bench. Sounds crazy, but that field crash is an amazing crash/ride.

Where do you practice? My basement.

Are you in a band? I play concert percussion in a community band, but not current drum set gig.

Do you play covers or originals? Ideally, a mix. Or obscure covers that nobody recognizes.

What style of music? Ideally a bluesy southern rock style like the Allman Brothers or Molly Hatchett.
Favourite take out food? I'd rather cook.

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? I have entered a few cake baking contests at the local county fair.

How did you start drumming? I was taking percussion lessons to join the high school band. The director sat me down at the kit for a lesson. I was hooked.

Real name? Ned

Age? 33

How long have you been playing? 18 years - I got roughly to the level I am now about 3 years in, and have been on one long plateau ever since...

Origin of user name? I use it for all sorts of online stuff

Your top 5 drummers? Vinnie Colaiuta, Carter Beauford, Chad Smith, Aaron Comess, Gideon Letch (in terms of influence, anyhow)

Make of drumkit? Yamaha Oak Customs

Make of cymbal? Zildjian all the way

Where do you practice? I don't - used to have V-drums set up in the spare room but we've just moved stuff around, sad times...

Are you in a band? A rock covers band that actually gigs, and a proggy band just to get stuff out of my system

Do you play covers or originals? Covers, lots of originals in the past with old bands and I miss it

What style of music? Rock for these ones, previously played drum & bass, and swing

Favourite take out food? Pizza

What country do you live in? England

One really odd fact about yourself? I'm descended from criminals - my ancestors were in the first convict fleet from England to Australia!

How did you start drumming? I saw Vinnie playing on the Sting Live in Olso gig when I was about 15, and though it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen...

Real name?
Justin

Age?

I have been seriously playing the drums for five or six years roughly.

Origin of user name?
My band "Half8n".

Your top 5 drummers?
Danny Carey, Dave Grohl, John Dolmayan, Josh Freese, and Sean Kinney. :)

Make of drumkit?
I have a Chinese oak PDP 7 piece set. It includes a 14'' Snare, 8'',10'' and 12'' mounted toms, a 14'' and a 16'' floor tom, and a 22'' Base drum. 14'' Zildjian High Hats, including a High Hat lock and a DW 5000 release pedal. DW 9000 Double Base pedals, 3 DW Straight Cymbal stands, 2 DW Boom Cymbal stands and 1 DW Dual Cymbal Multi-Stand.

Make of cymbal?
I have 7 cymbals A 20'' Zildjian Ride Cymbal, an 18'' Paiste Rock Crash, a 17'' Paiste Thin Crash, a 16'' Sabian Thin Crash, a 14'' Paiste Medium Crash, a 12'' Meinl Splash and finally, a 12'' Meinl China!! :D

Where do you practice?
My Living room

Are you in a band?
Absolutely! I am the drummer of Half8n! - www.half8n.com

Do you play covers or originals?
Both! You can find me and Half8n on Youtube. we play a variety of covers on stage, such as Too many puppies by Primus, and Beer by Psychostick. We also play a lot of our own songs. You can find video of that too, or download it from our Reverbnation page! http://www.reverbnation.com/half8n!
http://www.youtube.com/Half8n

What style of music?
Mostly Rock but we prefer not to limit ourselves.

Favourite take out food?
I prefer something home cooked! ;)

I live in the United States of America.

One really odd fact about yourself? Nothing about me, but my band Half8n Recorded our First Ep CD in 2011, when Serj from System of a Down referred Sylvia Massey of RadioStar Studios to Half8n. Thus creating the Ep CD "We Were Here", also downloadable from Itunes or the Half8n Reverbnation page!

I've always been full of energy, tapped on everything as a kid. Annoyed everyone. Music seemed fun and interesting enough to stick with. So one day my family was at guitar center, and my brother got a bass guitar for his first instrument, so when asked what i would want, i chose the drums.

Real name?
Henrik

Age?

Started taking lessons at age 13, so 22 years..

Origin of user name?
I have an interest in the occult.

Your top 5 drummers?
John Longstreth, Steve Asheim, Cozy Powell, eerrrhmmm... I like a lot of drummers.

Make of drumkit?
Mapex M birch, 8, 10, 12, 16 inch toms. 22x18 inch bass. The 8" is a Meridian tom that I added and I have a 13" also which I don't use.
Addiction Drum Design 13"x6" segment snare made of bloodwood with oak linings and also a Premier Heavy Rock Nine (14x9") brass and birch snare. It weighs a ton.
Pdp B.O.A. double pedal. The best I've had.
Proud owner of a 28x14" Ludwig marching bass drum that I've put legs on. I'm a bit of a drum hoarder, I admit.

Make of cymbal?
14" Sabian HH hi-hat, 16, 18 & 19" Paiste Thin Rude crashes for rehearsal and live purposes. 14, 16, 17" Meinl Mb10 Medium crashes for recording. 13" TRX ICON extra hi-hat full of rivets. 18" Paiste Visions medium china, 20" Meinl Classics Custom Extreme Metal ride AND a 20" Meinl Mb10 Bell Blast ride that I use only occasionally.
Like I said. Hoarder...

Where do you practice?
Tables and knees when at home. My rehearsal spot is in the neighbouring town, 30 mins. drive from where I live.

Are you in a band?
If you would call a duo a band. Me and a long time guitarist friend have played in various constellations together since forever. Right now there's just the two of us but where looking for personel.

Mostly our own stuff but of course, striking up a great cover every now and then is great fun.

What style of music?
Heavy metal, to not get too detailed or sub genre specific.

Favourite take out food?
Indian, but a home cooked meal is hard to beat!

Sweden!

What an odd question. Some say I resemble Gary Busey. Is that a compliment?

First time I saw a drum kit was when my late dad took me to his job. He was an arts teacher at a school and he showed me the music class room. And there it was, in all its might, the drum kit! I was hooked from second one. I must have been about five yo, so I started beating on the livingroom sofa with butter knives to my mom's ABBA records!
I was soon presented with my first pair of sticks but it took years before I got a set.

One more thing that really made me choose drums instead of guitar was that I thought that Peter Criss had the coolest looking make-up of Kiss...

Last edited:
Real name?
Brian Marcinkiewicz

Age?

22 years

Origin of user name?
I'm Polish, and a bit looney

Your top 5 drummers?
Animal, Steve Smith, John Bonham, Ted MacKenzie, John Longstreth...in order of inspiration

Make of drumkit?
Without right now (crashing economy is to blame, will have one again soon), previously had CB 700, Slingerland, Pearl with custom maple 22x22" kicks

Make of cymbals?
Sabian man all the way

Where do you practice?
My living room with a pad, my chest while walking, any other surface I can put my hands on

Are you in a band?
No. Was the original drummer for Vore from 1994-2002. Have also done some side work for others' projects

Both, though I mostly play for my own personal enjoyment anymore

What style of music?
Mostly metal, although I love playing jazz (it's what I studied)

Favorite take out food?
Wendys, Subway, Taco Bell, any pizza, but I hardly eat out anymore

United States of America

I'm obsessed with dachshunds

I have been surrounded by music my whole life. I decided at an early age that drums were for me, it just took me until I was 15 to save the money to buy my first kit. Until then, my drums were pots and pans, the sofa, cardboard boxes, my desk at school, etc.

hello all. i'm glad i was able to come to this site. through this site i hope to gain enough information, as well, i'm excited to meet new friends.

Heyo! I'm excited to have finally taken the time to join this forum. This site has always been a favorite, now its personal! Looking forward to meeting anyone, and everyone!

Hello everyone in the world of drummers!
I'm very happy to finally be a member of this great forum.
My real name is Adi and the origin of my user name is from a song.

You know, I just realized that when I joined, I forgot to introduce myself. How rude of me!

Real name? Tony Columbia

Age? 21

How long have I been playing? Off and on for 5-ish years. All in all, less than a year of actual playing within that amount of time

Origin of my username? First letter of my first name, followed by my last name, and some random numbers

Top 5 drummers? That's a tough one to answer. If I had to pick five, right now, I'd go with Mike Johnston, Josh Freese, Aaron Spears, Dave Grohl, and as cliche as it may be, I HAVE to throw Cobus in there, as he has always been a huge inspiration throughout the learning process.

Make of drumkit? Ddrum

Make of cymbals? Sabian/Paiste

Where do you practice? My basement, usually

Are you or were you in a band? I'm the guitarist of a band by the name of As You Were. Not drumming for a band.. YET

Covers or originals? Originals

Style of music? Punk Rock, with the refreshment of a female singer, who can really belt it.

Take out food? Please?

Country? United States

How did I start drumming? Just messing around on friends kits here and there. Then an old friend of mine moved into an appartment, where he couldn't play his drums, so he let me keep them at my house to play with. He took it back, and I got a Tama Swingstar as my first kit. I don't even remember what I did with it, now that I think about it. Then upgraded to a crappy Peace entry level kit. And believe me, that WAS an upgrade. Then bought a Tama Rockstar kit later. Hated that thing. Now I've got a Ddrum Diablo kit, wrapped in pink camo kevlar. As ugly as the thing is, it's the best sounding kit I've owned so far, and the sizes are just perfect.

Real name? Mr Jonny Sumo
Age? 50
since I was 10, but I stopped at 25 and restarted at 40...
Origin of user name?
I was a doorman/bouncer and the other guys called me 'Sumo' cos I was 350lbs...a much slimmer 260lbs these days
Your top 5 drummers?
Cozy Powell, Buddy Rich, Bobby Rondinelli, Bonzo and Ian Paice
Make of drumkit?
Yamaha DTXtreme IIIs
Make of cymbal?
Where do you practice?
spare bedroom
Are you in a band?
not currently
any
What style of music?
rock, surf, etc
Favourite take out food?
any....
UK
appeared as a doorman in a bbc drama....
always tapping, bashing stuff; we lived next door to a guy called Harry Webster who let me play his drums when I was 10 and he told my mum I had 'something'....

Hi! I signed up to here in 2010 but now I would like to begin to show some activity. :)

Real name?
Valtteri Paakkari.
Age?
I was born in 1996.
Since 2003.
Origin of user name?
Sounds cool. :)
Your top 5 drummers?
Derrick McKenzie, Mikko Kaakkuriniemi, Steve Jordan, Benny Greb, Jojo Mayer.
Make of drumkit?
Yamaha.
Make of cymbal?
Zildjian.
Where do you practice?
At home.
Are you in a band?
Yes.
Covers.
What style of music?
Rock. Though, I like also funk and jazz.
Favourite take out food?
Indian.
In Finland.
I'm afraid of snails. :p
I beated every pillow when I was little. And so it began!

How long have you been playing: off and on for 30 years
Origin of user name: yahoo gave it to me when signing up for an email account
Your top 5 drummers: Nicko McBrain, Neil Peart, Steve Gadd, Nathaniel Townsley, Jim Chapin(this should be the top 10-20, there are too many good ones)
Make of drumkit: Premier
Make of cymbal: Paiste
Where do you practice: room above my shop
Are you in a band: No
Do you play covers or originals:
What style of music: Metal
Favourite take out food: Chinese
What country do you live in: USA
One really odd fact about yourself: I love model trains
How did you start drumming: I was inspired to play by Vinny Appice back when Dio was formed. I love his style of playing and took interest in drumming.

Back