IQ test. You will like it but it is tough.

resohead

Silver Member
This IQ test was developed in Denmark. There's no spam. The test is free and, for me, very challenging but very fun and I usually don't like this sort of thing.

My IQ, according to this is 103 so I'm average at best. I've done a little better on other tests but this one makes you think hard!!

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

Do it, you'll like it.

Not really a proper test, only visuo-spacial and mathematical thinking. They gave me 107. When I was tested over 30 years ago they just told me, "let's just say you're well within the top 10% of university graduates in the state". Sounded cool at the time but as vague as it gets ...

Either my state or our graduates aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, or I've lost a lot of brain cells, or this isn't a true test of IQ.

Thanks for the brain exercise, Reso - badly needed!

Last edited:
IQ tests are invalid on me because of dyslexia. Sometimes I'll get 140, sometimes I'll get 105. Some parts of my cognition work at around 95 (short-term memory, visuo-spatial) wheres other parts work at a much higher level. The highest result I've ever had was 170 but that was a real fluke; I must've guessed a few right there.

I had an assessment done several years ago and the educational psychologist simply said that because there was an enormous discrepancy between the different areas of reasoning, no combined IQ score could be given. Fine by me, I say. It just made me laugh.

How do you figure this kind of question out? Remember, no pencil and paper and there are time limits.

Jim has 3 pairs of shoes, 5 pairs of pants, and 13 shirts. How many days can he wear different combinations before he duplicates his first choice?

Or

In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?

(Is this a no brainer trick question?)

Thanks for playing! Every 10 years or so I get fascinated with this stuff. I should do it more often, I reckon.

The answer to the first one is 13 x 3 x 5 = 195. In my head it did this..

13x3 = 39.

39x5 can be written as

(40 - 1) x 5 or
40 x 5 - 5 or
(4x5) x 10 - 5, which should be more attainable in your head.

it evaulates to

(4x5) x 10 - 5
20 x 10 - 5
200 - 5

The second one you skip so you have more time to the other questions that are reasonable, haha.

In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?

This is a simultaneous equation. If we call x the number of pages in large type and y the number of pages in small type, then

1800x + 2400y = 48 000 (1)

and

x + y = 21 (2)

so then

1800x + 1800y = 37 800 (3)

if we then subtract 3 away from 1, we get

600y = 10 200

y = 17

then substituting that value into (2),

x + 17 = 21

x = 21 - 17 = 4

Then in order to check you can use the 1st equation

1800 * 4 + 2400 * 17 = 48 000

Same result, so we know these are the correct values. So in other words you will have 4 pages of larger type and 17 pages of smaller type.

I took the test and got 110 but I really have no faith in these types of tests. I'm horrible at math and these geometric what comes next type of questions but I've always been a good standardized test taker. I'm pretty good at process of elimination and guessing. I can tell you that for at least the last 7 questions or so, I did nothing but make pure guesses.

I remember on my ACT in high school I scored equally high in both English and Math which is a complete crock since I'm a great in English but horrible in math. I struggled to make it through one quarter of algebra in college. It's the exact reason I have a bachelor of Arts degree (in English, no less) rather than a bachelor of science - less math to take!

These types of starndardized tests really do not give any type of accurate reading in my opinion and should be stopped in schools as well!

Not really a proper test, only visuo-spacial and mathematical thinking. They gave me 107. When I was tested over 30 years ago they just told me, "let's just say you're well within the top 10% of university graduates in the state". Sounded cool at the time but as vague as it gets ...

Either my state or our graduates aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, or I've lost a lot of brain cells, or this isn't a true test of IQ.

Thanks for the brain exercise, Reso - badly needed!

Or, another possibility is - forsooth! - you are of average intelligence, like most people, at least according to how these tests measure such things.

I did the IQ test, came out with 105, glad to hear that I'm "normal", lol, some tough answers in there, especialy the last few ones :)

The key for me is not to do the test at 23:30 half asleep and guess at the last 5 or so so I could go to bed. Best excuse my 103 IQ could think of.

The key for me is not to do the test at 23:30 half asleep and guess at the last 5 or so so I could go to bed. Best excuse my 103 IQ could think of.

Excuses excuses! I was strongly (and pleasantly) affected by "carers' medicine", and also I was dealing with a tradesman, and took two phone calls while doing the test :p

I was also suffering from the vapours after reading the hard language that's crept into DW ... cotton picking, ruddy, bitch .... oh oh oh ... I think I'm about to faint ... and in a thread about wives someone intimated that they had sex with their wife! Hard to believe, I know. I was traumatised for days.

These things would have cost me, say, about 200 points at least ... so if I add that to the 107 I got in that little visuo-spacial / maths test (IQ test is a misnomer here) I would have scored, um, 309!!

Funny, no one's posting to say "hey, I got 62!" or "I gave up after two questions" :)

Just for beans I am going to select the middle choice for all and see what that gives me. Stay tuned.

I picked all "D" s and scored 79.

I picked all "C" s and scored 79.

I picked "C" and "D" alternately and scored 79

I picked a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h in order and scored 81

Funny, no one's posting to say "hey, I got 62!" or "I gave up after two questions" :)

Ok, ok, you got me......gave up after 5 or 6. In the middle of yesterday's work day I've gotta be honest and declare, I just couldn't be arsed thinking anymore than I had to.

I was also suffering from the vapours after reading the hard language that's crept into DW ... cotton picking, ruddy, bitch .... oh oh oh ... I think I'm about to faint ... and in a thread about wives someone intimated that they had sex with their wife! Hard to believe, I know. I was traumatised for days.

Too funny Pol!!

I know. It lead me to think just how many DW forum members would be shocked out of their wits in the presence of my company....they thought that was offensive? Man, they'd shudder to find themselves at a bar with me and my crew.

Ok, ok, you got me......gave up after 5 or 6. In the middle of yesterday's work day I've gotta be honest and declare, I just couldn't be arsed thinking anymore than I had to.

Too funny Pol!!

I know. It lead me to think just how many DW forum members would be shocked out of their wits in the presence of my company....they thought that was offensive? Man, they'd shudder to find themselves at a bar with me and my crew.

Nice excuse, PFOG. Ha - the Aussie pub scene in the 70s/80s was not exactly genteel :)

People often confuse decency with language or (fairly normal) sexuality. This kind of tiresome naivete is like an epidemic these days.

Some of the least decent people around are "family friendly" but will rip you off or stab you in the back without a qualm.

But what would I know? 107 is only 28 more than you get with mindless guesses :)

Those guesses had a very good mind behind them. Thank you very much. 8+)

Last edited:
Nice excuse, PFOG. Ha - the Aussie pub scene in the 70s/80s was not exactly genteel :) ...........

But what would I know? 107 is only 28 more than you get with mindless guesses :)

Forget the 70's and 80's Pol....it ain't too genteel where I'm sitting right at this very minute.
Every single one of us would have been banned from DW in the last three minutes alone!!

I'm just waiting for Grunt to mindlessly guess 140+ and then I'm gonna claim that one.

Back