I need a Summer job...

Do what I did last summer...give drum lessons. I charged like $10.00/hour to beginners, of course you can set your own price.

Out of curiosity, what are the current minimum wages around the world? Here, in Scotland, its around £5.93 per hour if your over 18. Is there even a minimum wage elsewhere?

Thats something else Chris, the wages you will get paid for your work is usually a disgrace. At least for your first job.

I looked it up and was surprised to see my state is only US $6.15, the lowest of 50. We do have one of the best welfare programs to offset it, but that pretty much eliminates a self sustaining honest living for many.

Out of curiosity, what are the current minimum wages around the world? Here, in Scotland, its around £5.93 per hour if your over 18. Is there even a minimum wage elsewhere?

Thats something else Chris, the wages you will get paid for your work is usually a disgrace. At least for your first job.

The minimum wage has gone up to £6.08 in England...I assume Scotlans went up as well?

In this world economy (it hasn't gotten any better yet if you watch the news) any job you can get would be a good move. So if you have no experience that an employer is looking for, I'd take anything coming down the pike.

A friend of mine was laid off of her job three years ago, is a college graduate with some experience (did a lot of waitressing and other services) and only now was able to find something - and it's as an airline stewardess! Three years later! So jobs are out there, but you're competing with people who have lost their jobs so it's ratcheting up the experience level, meaning if you have no experience, take anything!

Yeah, Sarah. Im pretty sure the min wage is going up soon, but maybe not up as much as that. The price of living in Scotland is nowhere near as much as it is in England, so its reflected in that.

I've got a Summer job with my dad :)
He said he'll get me a EFX Splash and I've to pay him back if he works for me so I said "DEAL!"
Pretty awesome :)
Going to goto the building sites tiling people's floors. I'm probably better than my dad's workers tbh. One of them put two different tiles up today and the house is getting bought tomorrow, my dad couldn't stop laughing but he was soooo mad. It actually sounds fun!
Then I can save up for that K Custom Crash I've wanted for a while.

My dad's awesome! :)

Back