Stanton Moore here

beatadrum

Stanton Moore

I like his drums and set-up very comfortable and simple, but everywhere i read it says his drums are from the 60's, like the red-sparkle ones in the DRUM! magazine what series are those?? those are my favorite....i'm going to see him play with Galactic july 25th cant wait....any pics u hav are welcomed....

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Stanton_Moore.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Stanton Moore

amazing drummer, everything he plays is exactly how i'd want to play. I love how into the music he gets, the face, the dancin' and the stand up playing, great stuff!

Stanton plays Gretsch Round Badge drums. These drums are maple shells and very sought after. Review ther following link for information on these drums.

http://www.repercussions.org/

Capo di tutti drummers

Capo di tutti drummers I'd say. Any type of music he plays, sounds perfectly on this most beautifully 'singing' Gretsch drumset. With all the respect for many of known, skilled, technically perfect drummers like Weckl, Bisonette etc. - Stanton beats their asses with the GROOVE which just flows within him. Dammit' was that guy born with a drumset ?!...

Amazing I havent heard anything hes done that I havent liked. Incredibly versitile he defies genres although I'd say that his playing with Galactic is my favorite. I got to meet this man after the last Galactic show I saw and he is really down to earth which makes him all the more amazing.

I really do like Moore a lot. His style is very versatile and he always has a good groove going. I think his playing is so ideal because he doesn't do a lot of flashy fills but he has great pocket grooves he does.

I actually just saw Galactic in concert this past Saturday (July 2nd) at SPAC in Saratoga, NY, opening for DMB. That was an awesome concert for me... Two of my drumming idols on the same bill!

I do agree with all who have said that Stanton has a great groove... Although Galactic only played 5 or 6 songs, the set list was long enough to prove that Stanton is one of the most versatile drummers alive. In fact, the last song on the set was pretty heavy, drumming-wise, and even THAT grooved pretty damn well.

SM is da BOMB! Flyin' the Koop is one of my favorite albums. Moore is fabulous; I love Chris Wood on bass; Skerik is right on; the compositions are really cool, diverse, and well balanced...a 10.5 all the way around. I'm hoping to pick up that DVD of his on traditional New Orleans drumming for my approaching Geburtstag (B-day in German...sorry...I just got a teaching job in which I'll be teaching classes in English and German, and I'm a bit excited/nervous about that).

If you like Flying the Koop, you should check out All Kooked Out. Charlie Hunter on 8-string guitar adds a groove that just fits with Stanton's playing perfectly. Personally, it's my favorite of Stanton's recordings.

just got his dvd's about 4 days ago...they're great

Re: Stanton Moore.

ah yes, sorry I see the thread now. So, I guess since this is a question I will just leave it and if it gets deleted it gets deleted. So, is that group called sprung monkey? Or is that the name of the song?

Re: Stanton Moore.

That's the song. I think it's Galactic he's playing with there, but I'm not positive.

Back