Sonor SQ2 High Gloss Bubinga

junglelord

This was posted at the Sonor Museum Forum. I thought I would share. Not mine, just sharing.

unicursalhex said:
100_0901.jpg

Somebody's happy...
100_0910.jpg

100_0942.jpg

100_0917.jpg

100_0918.jpg

100_0923.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0929.jpg

100_0930.jpg

100_0931.jpg

100_0934.jpg

100_0937.jpg

Gee whiz aren't they beautiful? 22x18 BD's-8x8-10x10-14x16-16x18 Heavy beech on the BD's and toms, Medium beech on the floors. Bubinga out, Ebony in (I sweated this one until I saw how well they get along) I will post more pics when I set them up in their glory. Thanks to Shane @ The Drum Shop Portland Maine, for hooking this up and making it happen for me, use him for Sonor orders, you wont be sorry.

Sandman beat me. I was going to say the drums are beautiful and the boxes look better than some drums I have seen. I think those are my favorite drums at the moment. Please don't tell my Gretsch.

Last edited:
I would pay whatever to have that set shipped one drum to a box.

Don't know how I missed these at the Sonor Museum....
Very daring combination of Bubinga/Ebony. Not sure I'm feeling that look. I'm a little puzzled by the sizes, too. But then, who am I to talk?
They are the highest quality drums, regardless of aesthetic choice. They must sound amazing, and that dude in the picture looks STOKED.

Dang! Practically orgasmic!!!! I love the natural wood finishes, and Sonor is top quality. Gorgeous Kit, which I know you will enjoy for years to come. Buying new cymbals too or have you already a stash? You will have to make a recording so we can enjoy hearing those babies sing. Are you going to change the heads? Well now you have baited us we have to see it set up with you sitting proudly upon your new stallion.

Again we have the brilliant chance to look at an outstanding SQ2.
I simply love those Sonors. They`ve such a unique sound character...oh I see, I tend to repeat myself regarding that. :)
It was just such an incredible experience when I tried some.

Really nice choice!

Karl

Wow. You could serve dinner on those to the in laws. How long did it take from order to in your house.
Congrats.....wonderful kit.

The 2nd nicest SQ2 I've seen on the forum! Really like the finish, wish they got misdelivered to my door.

I love those boxes. When somebody died and gave a huge donation to our schools band, we got 2 sonor force 3007s and some other stuff, but now I'm starting to get angry because they came in square boxes and I want to see those in person. such pretty pretty boxes

Awesome looking. Any chance of seeing the kit setup?

Last edited:
That finish is just too awesome.

I have never actually heard Beech drums in person.....

Shamefully walks away....

Back