View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Family friend, coleague, dead. RIP Gregg Ham, Men at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams View Post
Just wondering how is Jerry Speiser doing?
As far as I know he's playing in a band called After Burner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDOsK3itv0I. Rock solid player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post
Polly - sorry to hear about your sister. :(
Thanks INOG. I miss her - she was very smart and her insights bailed me out more than once. Definitely a reminder of one's mortality ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spesman View Post
When I heard the final decision of the court case, I thought that is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. What a way to shit on one of the most iconic songs of Oz music.
What gets me mad though is that the flute bit in question in Land Down Under is paying homage to the Kookaburra song as being truely Australian - that was the whole point!!
So what's the next natural step? Sue the poor buggers. Real Australian of you. That whole thing sucked very big things IMO and that's why Gregg sank into depression during his final years.
RIP brother and may your music live on.
+1

Apparently Larrikin (or a part of it?) was taken over by Warner and that's when the company acted. The song was written in the 1930s and it's just a snippet. The rats were going for an ambit claim of 40-60%. I think they got 5% in the end.

It was all so hard core.