View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Bill Stewart's Snare & Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
BJ: For your information, this is the Gear section of the forum, and this is why we are talking about Bill's setup and snares. Despite your condescending tone and massive assumptions, many of us are quite aware of technique and groove issues and the crucial role that such knowledge plays in developing one's self as a player--and many of us have discussed these issues in the "Drummers" and "Drum Technique" sections of the forum. I think quite a few of us have also been studying Bill's music and playing for quite some time and have researched who he studied with, where he studied music at school, etc. In short, we are quite aware of the importance of technique and instrument mastery as a key to good playing. I don't think anyone here is under the impression that getting Bill's bronze Ludwig snare, for example, is suddenly going to make our playing sound like his or is the sole explanation behind his sound and style.

Nothing in this thread, in my opinion, was meant to suggestion that gear in and of itself will give a player Bill's sound or talent. Some of us enjoy talking about gear, finding out what a player used on a specific recording, discovering the ins and outs of how particular drums are made, sound, look, etc. That is the point of the Gear section of this site: it is a place where we can talk about our simple love of drums and drool over drums with no shame, if we so choose.

I apologize in advance for being rather direct in my response, but it might behoove you to think about the section of the site in which you are posting next time and the tone/assumptions you present toward others.

Good answer to a not so intelligent reply. I wonder what the BJ stands for?

Last edited by uniongoon; 05-08-2012 at 12:43 AM.