View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: Whats the deal with Glam Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Anyway, I was over the moon when Soundgarden started getting traction, and bursting with glee when Nirvana put all the nonsense to bed once and for all. Finally, good players and good songwriters could coexist in the same band!!
For me there's always been good players and good songwriters in Glam Rock and Glam Metal for the last 40+ years, some where actually genius songwriter and very often very good players, if not virtuosos within the genre...

... let's have a little recap, some of these bands or artists have acomplished amazing musical status within the Glam genre :)

In the begining... Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Suzi Quatro, T. Rex, Gary Glitter, Elton John, David Bowie, New York Dolls, Queen, Slade, Sweet, Bay City Rollers....

then later... Aerosmith, Van Halen, Kiss, Mötley Crue, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Ozzy Osbourne, Skid Row, Europe, Def Leppard, David Lee Roth, Stryper, Bad Company...

Not everyone cups of tea, I agree, but all good musicians and good song writers :)