View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello, it feels I've like been meaning to take part in this forum my entire life but now is the time!

Real name? Sam
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? 14 years
Origin of user name? Take a look! :D I tried all the ones I thought would be taken and got this beauty!
Your top 5 drummers? Dave Weckl, John Macaluso, Buddy Rich, Bobby Jarzombek, Akira Jimbo - I'm not even sure if these are my top 5, but these are 5 favorites
Make of drumkit? Roland & Mapex
Make of cymbal? Roland again & Zildjian
Where do you practice? At home
Are you in a band? Yes, we're named Shellshock. We have a new album and single with music video coming out in the next few weeks
Do you play covers or originals? Originals in my band, I enjoy learning a song now and then though
What style of music? Progressive metal & progressive rock, classical, jazz
Favourite take out food? If I was to ever order one then it would probably Thai or Chinese nowadays, loads of vegetarian options with that
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? I can rotate my head to look at you directly backwards like an owl.
How did you start drumming? I naturally picked it up during a class exercise involving learning a basic drum beat - then I started lessons. I never had a kit at home, so from then on I used to occupy the drum room at my school as much as I was allowed, I spent my entire school life trying to weasel my way into the drum room for every morning and lunch break possible.

As mentioned in the handy questionnaire, I'm Sam. It's great to meet you all, and great to be here! I've already learnt a lot from this forum from browsing - not just in knowledge but in wisdom from people with a great deal more experience than I.

A bit more about me - I am a drum tutor from home (with my roland kit) and have also done a bit of session work. My current land lady is kind enough to let me use the garage to do lessons so all is pretty cool in this house. I'm about to have an album out with my band, spent today recording a music video for our upcoming single - with an award winning actor named Daniel Brocklebank which I'm quit excited about.

Here's a pic of my kit a Roland TD12 which I've expanded a bit. My acoustic drums are in storage right now because I use my electric kit live for Shellshock. It seems to work much better for the sound we want. This is a pretty old pic, the set up has changed to a double pedal with a bigger KD120 bass drum.