View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name?- Steven Murry

Age?- 22

How long have you been playing?- 9 years

Origin of user name?- I chose it because percussion and drumming has always been a part of culture and always will be, and no matter how many innovations and new ideas appear, it always comes back to the same thing, how to express ourselves through rhythm, and it will always be that way. Percussion repeats itself over and over, recursively....and RecursivePercussive rhymes. I chose it mostly because it rhymes. :P

Your top 5 drummers?- Darren King, Dave Grohl, Buddy Rich, Joe Morello Meg White, haha!

Make of drumkit?- Yamaha DTX-500 module and TP65 triggers (live in an apartment)

Make of cymbal? - PCY65 Triggers :P

Where do you practice?- Computer room

Are you in a band? - Part of a rotation for church band. Would love to find another band to write originals with

Do you play covers or originals? - Covers, would love to branch to original though

What style of music? - Worship, Rock, Jazz, other random weird stuff

Favourite take out food? - Skyline Chili

What country do you live in? - USA

One really odd fact about yourself? - I have a nose like a bloodhound. I've always joked that it'll save my life one day.

How did you start drumming? - With sticks and a practice pad ;)

But seriously, started playing trombone in middle school band class and thought that the percussion section was having a lot more fun. So I promptly switched over and never looked back.