View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Jeff Beck's keyboardist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
Funny you should start this thread, the bf and I were just talking about this a couple of days ago. I can't remember who the keyboardist is but when we saw Jeff in concert 2 years ago, the keyboard player was very good. You're right, he was tucked off to the side on stage but I seem to remember Jeff acknowledging him quite a bit during the concert. He seemed to have quite a bit of respect for him and there was a solo (or at least a few featured moments). Perhaps the keyboardist himself didn't want to be in the spotlight?
Good that he's not entirely a 2nd class citizen, eh? The people shooting the video don't seem to care for him, though - it's mostly the Jeff & Tal show with Vinnie as lead support. Really enjoyable band, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
On top of my head, he played in There And Back and Guitar Shop, he co-wrote the song The Pump :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfcnIMZq6is
I lost track of JB after Flash - I was more keen on his fusion than his 80s pop. From what I've been hearing I should have stayed in touch.

Funny thing about Becky, he plays all these - to use an Americanism - lameass compositions with about two chord changes and cheesy theme ... and by sheer brilliant execution jam the songs into something compelling.