View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Mid- life career change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Working as an analyst but these days I'm mostly caring for my elderly father, which is a tough gig for me because I have zero nurturing instincts. The future is uncertain.
Now that's a tough gig I know only too well. Chin up girl :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Abe, or has Hiromi offered you a gig? :)
Argghh, that would scare the crap out of me (plus, I wouldn't be concentrating exclusively on the music) ;)

Yes Abe. Done that, & sort of doing that again now. Ok, it's a long story with me, & I'm sure you know most of it, so I won't bore you with the detail.

20 years of corporate company building crap. The first 10 years working my arse off to build things up. The second 10 years working at the top of my industry, & all the stress, travelling, BS, etc that entails. I took a year out (mostly enforced due to ill health), then back into the game but at a consulting level, & now part time. The consulting thing enables me to manage my time, yet maintain a background income. I'm now moving slowly towards directing my energies into the Guru project. Absolutely no chance of getting a return on my investment in the next 2 years, let alone any income, but I'm hopeful that will succeed & mature to the point where I am able to cut a living eventually. It's not a great financially sound idea, frankly, if I wanted to make big money, I could simply flick a switch & go back into my previous industry, but it is so much more fulfilling.

I've had enough scares in my life to realise it's all about experiences & fulfilment, so long as you can cover the basics of living. It's my dearest hope that any change you're making is for the same reasons.