View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Are there IHOP's in Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalwart_Pandora-Chris View Post
In the UK we just have a simple breakfast really which usually consists of cereal or toast with orange juice or tea/coffee. Our cereal produce is also 90% whole grain. We don't really have any sugar-coated cereals (like in the US you guys have Froot Loops, Lucky Charms etc. etc.).
The sweetest cereal I've tried is called Krave which is like oat/wholegrain pillows with hazelnut chocolate in the centre. That's probably the sugariest thing we have as a cereal, haha!

But I'm very lucky if I have pancakes for breakfast. It's abit rare for us though I make them every couple of months. You guys are a little more sweetoothed than me. Again, I've been to US a good few times (maybe about 9 times). I've tried IHOP twice and the pancakes are great, but I make better homemade crepe's. Also, the I is definitely misleading. There aren't any IHOPS anywhere I've been outside of America. Alot of places in Europe don't even have a KFC and Italy doesn't have pizza hut (and I'm sure alot more countries won't either). We also don't have a single taco-bell or long john silvers.

Europe is way more healthier and balance diets better than America I think haha! We don't have many fast food places, apart from McDonalds in every street corner. But nobody really goes there, more people goto KFC or Burger King.
I have to beg to differ - McDonalds in ALWAYS busy, where ever you go. KFC is definitely more niche, and neither offer the kind of breakfast stuff that McDs do (BK breakfast - blech!).

We also have the English Breakfast (bacon, sausage <not sausage patty, but actual sausage>, fried/scrambled eggs, mushrooms, black pudding, baked beans, toast) which the Americans pretty much do also, though instead of black pudding and beans you're more likely to get grits and hashbrowns or some such.