Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Travis Barker's Wife Is Hot

All I have to say is............remember when some of you were really young/naive and didn't know jack squat about music? You'll probably say "yes" and then remember that you were praising drummers like Peter Criss, Nick Mason and Bill Ward (Black Sabbath) back when you were a wee little lad and now thinking to yourself "Wow.......I was way off." Well, kids are still doing the same thing today.

The videos that beatsMcGee posted were entertaining, nothing mind-blowing, but then again is that what he's trying to do? Somehow I doubt it. When your fanbase is mostly young teenage girls, you could sit there and do triplets all day and they'll spill blood for it. However, the solo vid on this site of him coming up from the floor is just embarrassing. I think that should be removed. It's cool he uses electronic samples in that, but he should probably ask Mr. Peart or Jimbo (if you don't know then leave this site now) how to really use them.

Barker is a great punk drummer, there's no doubt about that. I enjoy his playing on that Boxcar Racer cd the most. He gets really creative in some of his parts, especially since.....hello!!!! It's punk music for God's sake.....not Zappa or Benny Goodman. I give him kudos for not just playing fast crap beats.

Is he the best drummer in the history of music? No, but y'know what? He's the most popular now, so of course you're going to get all the naive people following that schtick of "omg dude he's on MTV all the time. he's the best drummer ever. like like, he's awesome."