View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Is Death Metal...dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon e rotten View Post
Yes Death Metal is dead, but it has risen from the grave and is now called "Zombie Metal".

Of course Zombie Metal might be a category of "Undead Metal" which also includes "Vampire Metal" and "Mummie Metal", and then you get into the whole "Egyptian Mummie Metal" vs. "South American Mummie Metal". I can see how you might get confused.
HA! I know you meant this is jest, but someone, somewhere, has probably added that to a unique sub-sub-sub-sub genre: Goof Metal. Then there's Foul Odor Goof Metal, Satanic Thrash Apocalyptic Goof Metal, Mummy Goof Metal, and so on. There are more genres of metal, than there are listeners of metal. The ersatz Satanism, the obsession with bad smells and ugliness, the wanking, the classifications and the seriousness of its fans all make it the Rodney Dangerfield of genres. I loved metal, and I still do, but I haven't taken it seriously since I was 20. At least Butt Rock/Hair Metal never took itself seriously and knew it was a joke.

The entire genre is so goofy that it demands that someone not take it seriously. There, I said it.