View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Is Death Metal...dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
All the silly sub-genres really reinforce the goofiness of metal. It is the goofiest genre of music out there, moreso than childrens' TV music, because the harder core the metal fan, the more seriously they take it. Spinal Tap made a statement on the goofiness of metal that still cannot be improved upon.

About the only sub-genre of metal that doesn't take itself seriously is Butt Rock. Unless there's Vikingcore Black Doom Foul Odor Butt Rock. You can tell someone take metal too seriously when they start excluding Butt Rock and other established genres from the metal family tree.
So in other words, rather than look at the facts and realize you mis-spoke, you would rather make a post with the sheer intention of getting a rise out people. Not very mature.

Further:
Quote:
, because the harder core the metal fan, the more seriously they take it.
You could say the exact same thing about fans of jazz, country, hip-hop, classical, and really any genre of music. Hard core fans of any genre take their music seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
[ I worked in CD shops, for over 15 years .... and out of this list .... Only "Metallica" would get classified as a metal band .... the rest ... in the rock section. [/indent][indent]
Which is why I labeled it as Hard rock/metal.

But come on, Ozzy? The Prince of Darkness is largely considered the godfather of Heavy Metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams View Post
Harry: What about Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest? Are they part of that list?
Click on the link provided and you can see the entire list. I didn't think it was necessary to cut and paste the entire document.