View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Adam Moore
Age? 48
How long have you been playing? About two years - played bass guitar for over 25 yrs before picking up the sticks
Origin of user name? Kind of obvious, but I play Taye drums and am an old hippie at heart, so as a play on words: Tie-dyed ----> Taye-Dyed
Your top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Carl Palmer, Ginger Baker
Make of drumkit? Taye Studiomaple
Make of cymbal? A mixture of makes: Zildjian K Custom Dark 14" hi-hats, Sabian AAXplosion 16" crash, Paiste 18" Giant Beat Crash/Ride, Paiste 2002 20" Ride
Where do you practice? I am lucky to have a music room at home that fits my acoustic drums as well as a cheapo electronic kit and my bass rig.
Are you in a band? Two of them. Rusty Knox Band and J.A.M.B. (Jack, Adam, Miller and Burks)
Do you play covers or originals? The first band 90% originals, 10% covers. The second one the exact opposite.
What style of music? Americana, Blues.
Favourite take out food? Thai or Chinese
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? How I ended up becoming a drummer in my mid-40's is kind of an odd story. See below!!!
How did you start drumming? A couple of years ago, I picked up a djembe at an open jam for the fun of it and ended up getting invited to join a band as a percussionist and then switched to the kit shortly after that.

Last edited by Taye-Dyed; 02-23-2012 at 01:07 AM.