View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What on earth is wrong with society!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I see no reason why people can't just have sports teams, music groups and any other kinds of endeavors, without government help.

I mean, does anyone need a grant to do any of this stuff?
True. As I mentioned earlier the suits have a dead hand that we'd rather not be anywhere near music.

Having said that, they give the dosh to Kipling's flannelled fools and muddied oafs while the arts is ignored, and that says something in itself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by resohead View Post
Governments and corporations love competitive, meat eater types. They love to see a tackle in a football game that's so vicious they they wonder how the other guy gets up. They love the people in corporations that kick ass and take names as they quickly climb the latter.
Yeah, that's what it says ... many of the people with the bucks pushing their beer and circuses on us are either meat heads or wannabes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
... upon a few complaints from some residents, the local authorites closed the art center after a very short 6 months, the bands were playing on saturday nights from about 9 pm 'til 11 pm, nothing dramatic about it, the rest of the week it was an art gallery, and that's not making any noise, isn't it, be neverthless, they closed it, to say the least, I was furious and disapointed as many other musos within my home town.
Let me guess ... it was replaced by something sports or gambling related ... what a shame, you had a great gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Have you ever tried to share something artistic with someone who just doesn't get it? You mite as well be talking about Quantum Physics!
Bob, increasingly Yoda-like you are becoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
That's another issue, Larry. We can't strike. The minute we stop, the un-hirable hack musicians will fill that void and take the gigs. It'll suck for a while, but then people will just get used to it.
Yes, my band is waiting in the wings ready for you hotshots to give up MWUHAHAHA