View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:09 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

So I've already posted a couple of random questions on the site so I figured I'd officially introduce myself. I borrowed a format for the "about me" from another poster so here I go.

Real name? Michael Gardner
Age? 28
How long have you been playing? 2 years-ish
Origin of user name? I'm in a band called John The Conqueror so Johnny Conqueror seemed fitting
Your top 5 drummers? Bernard Purdie, Dave Grohl, Mike Johnston(awesome lessons), Eric Moore (he makes us big guys look good), and Me( even though I suck)
Make of drumkit? Tama Swingstar
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A customs for the most part
Where do you practice? Kit in the basement and pad/pillow, in the bedroom
Are you in a band? John The Conqueror ( www.facebook.com/Johntheconquerorband )
Do you play covers or originals? Originals with a couple of covers.
What style of music? Blues/rock
Favourite take out food? Whatever's the closest
What country do you live in? Philadephia, PA
One really odd fact about yourself? I've played guitar, bass and drums in a band but I love drums the best
How did you start drumming? Playing on my drummers kit when I played bass :)

I've lurked on this website various times in the past but I finally stopped and actually decided to join up. I have not been dissapointed! It's an awesome community with a wealth of knowledge so I'm trying to learn all that I can! If any of you guys have the time look my band up on youtube "John The Conqueror" and let me know what you think. This isn't a plug or anything I promise, cause I doubt any of yall are in Philly but I'd really like to hear what you think. Thanks