View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Matt Smith Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFITTING942 View Post
after a 3 year layoff, how fast was the run??
It wasn't an 1100, but I was surprised it was as decent as it was. I wasn't going to do anything and had not even warmed up, much less trained. But I was kind of pushed up there. Then when I saw the machine I got curious. Then it got to one of those moments when you couldn't back away without there being a loss of face. After all, it's not just the NAMM people. I looked over at the warmup pen and all the competitors had stopped to see what I was going to do. So basically I just tried my best without embarrassing myself. But people were surprised at how well I did, and for that matter so was I. Then while I was practicing at the farm, my hands started looking a lot better. Then I got curious again when I started doing all that Drumometer stuff with the Pearl E-Kit. But even then, I avoided the one minute speed run. I don't know. There was just something about my wanting to take that old memory and lock it away so I would stay fresh with other directions. But, to be sure, it was a lot of fun to do Drumometer exercises again. I had a good time.