View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 04:09 AM

Default Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD & BOOK REVIEWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard
All drumming problems will be solved, when the new JoJo DVD comes out!!!!!!!!
Bernhard
A new JoJo DVD!? Great! Please keep us updated!

NAME:
Marco Minneman Extreme Drumming
STAR RATING:
# # # # #
WORDED RATING:
An amazing instructional DVD for what I consider the most difficult aspect of drumming. Very inspirational DVD to say the least.
TARGET AUDIENCE:
Intermediate to Advanced, but there are also some interdependence exercises that could be useful to beginners.
PUBLISHED BY:
Warner Bros.
DESCRIPTION:
His videos on this site don't even touch Marco's full range of skills. Accompanied by a master bassist and an amazing keyboardist, Marco shows how you can apply interdependence and extreme grooving to music. Just because Marco has a double bass pedal, foot snare, and at least 4 different high hats, it does not limit what you can learn from this video. After a few introductory songs, Marco proceeds to play a song with his band in one chapter, then in the next chapter break down the groove limb-by-limb. Many of his songs are written in odd time signatures, so he also breaks down playing different time signatures with each limb. Once he does this with most of the songs on the DVD, he goes into some other lessons such as showmanship (stick tricks including the REAL BUDDY RICH STICK TRICK (not RRL)), hand technique (moeller, finger control), how to analyze time signatures (taking audio clips from movies/TV and playing along with them), and of course, some extreme interdependence exercises. He plays some interesting fills, but he doesn't really break them down because this DVD is mainly for 4 limb interdependence. I would say the only thing that disappoints me about this DVD, is that he uses the push-pull technique and doesn't explain it, but anyone should be able to learn this technique from reading the one handed roll thread.