Thread: DW 5000
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: DW 5000

I restarted (after a 20 yr break) on a DW9000. It's been about 2 years now. I also picked up a used DW5000. These are great pedals to buy used because they so rugged and tough.

First off, the DW9000 is way overengineered. I mean you can't even get to the spring unless you're on your hands and knees. Then the spring is on the inside of the post. I will say this though, with 2 rotating pivot points at both ends of the spring, it is fricken liquidy fast and smoooooooooth. When I get on my DW5000, I don't quite have the smoothness or response as the DW9000. That being said, it's not so much the pedal as it is the drummer. I've seen some drummers shred with crappy pedals.

It all really depends on what you're comfortable with, especially if you've been on the same pedal for years.

I was looking for a double pedal and it was neither the DW9000 or DW5000. I went with the Trick for durability and other features. It's been about 3 months, and can almost duplicate my DW9000 tricks. Again, a personal preference to what we are most comfortable with.