Thread: Is SOPA bad?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Is SOPA bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I love the idea of this legislation. It means eventually, I'll no longer be exposed to new music made by real musicians, as examples would be almost impossible to find. After some time of adjustment, I'd be much happier as a consumer of music that the big corporations think I should listen to. I wouldn't have to concern myself with playing drums anymore, as machines would do the job just as well. That would release a huge amount of time for me to exist in a happy moronic state, thus making my life far less complicated. I say vote it in ;)

I'm with you all the way on this. I feel that the internet has allowed too many people to do too many things as they like. It's become dizzying anarchy--and that's no way to live.

I wish only that they further broaden the definitions in the bill to allow corporations a more complete control over things. The way the legislation is now, some of these "artists" could still slip through the cracks and muddy up what should be a nice, clean, and concise collection of media.

And pirates too. They're just out to steal money from these wonderful media groups. Jealousy, perhaps?