View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Will

Age? 40

How long have you been playing? 8 to 24, then 38 to now... so around 18 years I guess.

Origin of user name? My (W140) S-Class Benz

Your top 5 drummers? Nick Barker (DIMMU BORGIR?CRADLE OF FILTH/LOCKUP), Paul Bostaph (FORBIDDEN/SLAYER) , Mike Bordin (FAITH NO MORE), Tom Larkin (SHIHAD), Robert “Inferno” Prominski (BEHEMOTH)

Make of drumkit? Roland V-Drum TD9KX plus TMC6 expansion (If I bought an acoustic kit, I'd choose a kit based on sound, not brand - prefer wood snares, though Ive always used metal snares in the past.)

Make of cymbal? Roland V-Cymbals (If I bought an acoustic kit, I'd get Sabian - and possibly a Paiste Novo 22 as well)

Where do you practice? My "drum room" at home.

Are you in a band? No, but do drum tracks for people in my free time.

Do you play covers or originals? Both - usually covers to practicce.

What style of music? Metal/Rock

Favourite take out food? Chinese - Beef and Cashews.

What country do you live in? Japan

One really odd fact about yourself? I have lived longer in Japan than I have in my own country of NZ, and I survived the 9.2 Japan quake last year. (thats 2 facts...)

How did you start drumming? Chopsticks and cushions in the livingroom listening to my parents albums. I have no idea why the urge to play percussion came so naturally - my father and grandfather played drums at some point in their lives - but briefly. My Dad played swing and Jazz during his teens, but gave up when he joined the Navy,