View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 AM

Default Re: DW 9000 vs. DW 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos View Post
As a long time DW 5000 Turbo user, I'm now going to try the 5000 Ad3 for use in 'rock' situations. I mostly play jazz, swing, and big band but have played rock regularly over the years.

Any TD3 users find the AD3 advantageous in rock or other situations?
I used a DW5000 Turbo single for 30 years. I don't think they even had Accelerators back when I bought mine. :-)

Anyway, two years ago I decided to go to a double-pedal just to give me more options. I bought a new double-chain Accelerator. First thing I noticed was that these things were HUGE compared to my old 5000 pedal, taking up so much more footprint than my original.

The second thing I noticed was that I just couldn't get a good feel out of them, no matter what adjustments I made. I couldn't even play a double with one foot in perfect time, let alone triplets. It was like I had no control whatsoever compared to the Turbo. Needless to say, I sold the double-chain Accelerator.

With luck I found an old stock single-chain double pedal that someone was selling on EBay that was virtually brand-new. Same exact model as my old smaller footprint model, plus I think Turbos have more of a "direct" feel.

So, for me, the Accelerators were a DISadvantage. ;-)