View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hi Guys,

Well, I'm not a drummer, but my 7 year old son is! (so a little young for this forum, hence my registration)

He's been playing for just over a year, started off an a Wii rockband kit we bought him last september after having some surgery, and he hasn't looked back.

He attends a Rock School in Towcester, Northamptonshire (near the Silverstone Racetrack) and sees 2 drum teachers who are great with him.

I'd say he's talented but I'm biased, He played Foo Fighters Rope to his teachers the 2nd time a a 'real' drum kit and blew everyone away. He's been having lessons since last July and now reads and writes notation and loves to play - everyday! and is looking to start his gradings some time this year, he plays by ear but needs to know the basics to improve his talent.

We bought him his first kit in November - a Sonor Bop acoustic kit and converted it to electronic with mesh heads and triggers and yamaha cymbals and Hi hat, with a DTXplorer III module. (is it really possible to be in love with a drum kit, I think I am!)

He can play with a band via rockschool but we feel he is a little young at the moment (only just 7) and to play with other kids who match his talent they'd be older than him and prob scare the hell out of him!

He has played with his drum teachers singer daughter and now more enjoys playing along to drum tracks or making up his own stuff.

He's called Ben and loves Foo Fighters, Taylor Hawkins, Muse, Snow Patrol etc.

I've learned so much over the last 6 months about drums and playing and just want to know more really! so thats me, and I'm Dawn.